MrSpeakers Ether CX - $899 from Massdrop
Apr 1, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #721 of 744
How is the noise isolation of Ether CX compared to other closed cans (Aeon, D9200/7200, HD820, etc)? I'm shopping for a pair of headphones to use in office, so blocking external noise is top priority to me.
They are the best isolating cans I have. They are the only wired cans that I have that my office mate does not complain about sound leaking out of.

May 21, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #726 of 744
If anyone is interested, I have a mint condition viva premium cable in xlr balanced and willing to let go for cheap. Please pm me if you have any questions.

Jun 3, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #728 of 744
  • The Sheepskin AliExpress Square opening pads are probably tied for my favorite with the Dekoni DT Sheepskin, better soundstage, seal, sound isolation, and stability. I have construction equipment, AC units, and industrial air scrubbers running near my office and home office and I literally couldn't hear them even without anything playing. Physically, it feels a bit like an Audeze pad. The downside is they don't provide as much clamping force and the foam is not memory foam so you do feel pressure on glasses or ears. I wish there wasn't a jersey material all the way around as it doesn't cool much and doesn't perform quite as well as a complete sheepskin pad.

Were these the 100mm pads that you got, or a different size? Thinking about trying out a set of these.

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #730 of 744
Hello everybody,

I ve just bought a drop x mister speakers c headphones, closed back . Bon, out of the box, i can say it s not to my taste, very thin and flat to my ears, the kind of headphone which would need a serious EQ . On the other hand the cable is very basic too , in order to get it " right " less thin, more bass , more fun , because now ...no pleasure at all . Lot of details sure , nice soundstage , but very very flat sounding though .

Where do i have to begin in order to get them better ? upgrades, pads , cables ? Any suggestions ? A " Resumé " would be very appreciated

Merci !

Dec 6, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #731 of 744
Hello everybody,

I ve just bought a drop x mister speakers c headphones, closed back . Bon, out of the box, i can say it s not to my taste, very thin and flat to my ears, the kind of headphone which would need a serious EQ . On the other hand the cable is very basic too , in order to get it " right " less thin, more bass , more fun , because now ...no pleasure at all . Lot of details sure , nice soundstage , but very very flat sounding though .

Where do i have to begin in order to get them better ? upgrades, pads , cables ? Any suggestions ? A " Resumé " would be very appreciated

Merci !
These have an old school “diffuse field” style tuning, which is basically neutral in the mids, a bit bright in the treble, and lacking bass. I would add a bass shelf at around 100hz of about 6db (adjust to taste)
The newer dan clark headphones like the Aeon Noires have a more modern tuning with more bass, but I think these have better technicalities and better mids, so if you don’t mind EQing they’re worth keeping

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #732 of 744
Deleted.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #733 of 744
Hello everybody,

Merci !
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ther-cx-review-closed-planar-headphone.24681/

Dec 7, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #735 of 744
Hello everybody,

Merci !
I linked some in this thread that boosted the bass. Angled and hybrid pads both seem to bring the bass up or at least recess the mids and highs. EQ works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back