MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Sep 20, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #481 of 4,813
just want to share my excellent experience with MrSpeakers customer service & buying of my alpha prime headphones. called and who answered, dan himself which he took time with info regarding my purchase also specs details about the phones. service as such and not to mention the premium headphones will concrete me as a returning customer each and everytime. i am now patiently waiting on these MOST TALKED about Ether C Phones. hope to see one day Mr. Speakers venture out on producing his own Dac/Amp or even a high end DAP with his meticulous engineering & top of the line research & development experience. DAN you have a customer for life. please keep up the great works. Mr. Speakers head-fi follower.  :punch::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sep 20, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #482 of 4,813
  just want to share my excellent experience with MrSpeakers customer service & buying of my alpha prime headphones. called and who answered, dan himself which he took time with info regarding my purchase also specs details about the phones. service as such and not to mention the premium headphones will concrete me as a returning customer each and everytime. i am now patiently waiting on these MOST TALKED about Ether C Phones. hope to see one day Mr. Speakers venture out on producing his own Dac/Amp or even a high end DAP with his meticulous engineering & top of the line research & development experience. DAN you have a customer for life. please keep up the great works. Mr. Speakers head-fi follower.  :punch::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #483 of 4,813

Thanks! I should have done more research. I'm in Germany, yes. The German retailer's price, 1995 EUR isn't exactly 1599 USD asked by MrSpeakers though. Buying them directly from MrSpeakers and getting them through Customs might be cheaper.

Wow, what a rip-off by that retailer. That's $2,255 at today's exchange rate.

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #484 of 4,813
Wow, what a rip-off by that retailer. That's $2,255 at today's exchange rate.

Please understand that this includes EU VAT, which is almost 27%, as well as shipping which would add 4-5%. Unfortunately this is combined with the exchange rate. The flip side is they will be adding resellers so people can listen in stores, which is critical for many people who can't get to a CanJam or other event to listen first. Also, they will be able to provide local warranty service and support to improve local service.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #485 of 4,813
Please understand that this includes EU VAT, which is almost 27%, as well as shipping which would add 4-5%. Unfortunately this is combined with the exchange rate. The flip side is they will be adding resellers so people can listen in stores, which is critical for many people who can't get to a CanJam or other event to listen first. Also, they will be able to provide local warranty service and support to improve local service.

Btw, German VAT is only 19%, and I allowed for that when posting what I posted. I expect it is possible to find a better price in Europe than that retailer.

I'll be flying to NY later this year just to buy some electronics (maybe Ether C headphones too) which are overpriced in Europe. Basically pays for a free holiday in NY.

Sep 20, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #488 of 4,813
Placed my Ether C order so our NYC customers may audition it (and the full MrSpeakers line). Thanks, Dan and the whole team at MrSpeakers!

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #491 of 4,813
I can't wait for some impressions against some audezes. I know open vs closed blah blah blah and yes for some reason I am excluding the xc which would be the "fairest" comparison.

I'm pretty sure I'll grab the ETHER-C and I'll compare directly to my LCD-2.2 (non-fazor), and the LCD-XC.

Sep 21, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #494 of 4,813
  It would be great if you could post your impressions about the comparison. There are many here who are waiting to hear about the "clash of the titans" -- LCD 3 (or X) v. Ether C.  (Notwithstanding closed v. open)

There should be a lot more impressions in less than 2 weeks!  Waiting impatiently for RMAF!

Sep 22, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #495 of 4,813
Just ordered one (together with a Gungnir Multibit and a Mjølnir 2). Looking forward to get a closed back headphone again. When it arrives I'll compare it to the good old LCD-2 (1. rev). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back