MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Aug 17, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #211 of 4,813
  awesome... is this really better than LCD-XC?

Would you use this for professional monitoring?

Does it provide reference sound? 

How heavy is it? would you use it with your DAP?

1499 USD price tag is quite disappointing...

In this price range, it's usually not about better... but different... and "for what purpose"

That being said, I think that it will be a lot more comfortable.

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #212 of 4,813
I have seen photos that look completely carbon neutral, and some with color mixed in the cups. I just chalked the color I've seen to light reflections.

Are the cups a pure neutral carbon color?

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #213 of 4,813
  I have seen photos that look completely carbon neutral, and some with color mixed in the cups. I just chalked the color I've seen to light reflections.

Are the cups a pure neutral carbon color?

We had a few different prototype sets out at the Schiit Show. We will be going with a traditional black carbon fiber weave like the one in Jude's picture at the beginning of this thread.

Aug 17, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #214 of 4,813
I hope that the EC will be at CanJam London end of August.  

I will love to hear it against my ED5 to see if it is a better "closed isolating" headphone that my ED5.

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #217 of 4,813
The ETHER C - w/ the AK380 (runnin' Double Helix Cables Molecule Elite balanced 2.5 TRRS) was so spacious and dynamically engaging I was floored with Dan & teams dedication to making this closed can sound as open as I've heard - VERY LCD-XC-like to me...

The opaque-like staging and richness of timbre was seductive and EASY to listen to...

On a Schiit stack - WOH!

I HAD to run and grab my own reference cable for my ETHERs  (DHC Extreme XLR) - and I didn't SAY A WORD - but I changed em up while Denise (from Schiit) was listening at that station - and she heard the difference IMMEDIATELY! 

FUN

The DHC site is pretty confusing with all the lines. Which specific DHC Extreme XLR cable did you use at Schitt station table?

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #218 of 4,813
I might grab these as my office headphones!

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #220 of 4,813
  Is this a thing anyone can do?  I just moved to San Diego a month ago and I'd love to give them a listen.  I'm sure they will blow my ADs out of the water.

If you can't wait for the head-fi meet in November, email me peter@mrspeakers.com to set something up. We are not open to the public but as long as we aren't in crunch mode it shouldn't be a problem. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #222 of 4,813
Aug 17, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #224 of 4,813
  can you provide a sound comparison to the alpha prime? I'm loving my alpha prime, but would have the itch to upgrade. but I'm worried the EC will be too neutral compared to the AP. I love the AP's slight warmth and luscious mids.

would also love to hear some direct comparisons from anyone who had the chance to compare the alpha prime against the ether closed.

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #225 of 4,813
  Wow, you're really not helping you know...

redface.gif
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back