MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Flagship from MrSpeakers
Aug 15, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #136 of 4,813
I'm listening to the Ether Carbon with the DAC19 and a Liquid Carbon right now. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
wink.gif

OMG! NOoooooooo!  This hobby.  Ugh.  I'm all shades of envy right now.  Every shade of green and then some

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #137 of 4,813
I just wonder why is that all the latest planar magnetic phone are looks the same, namely LCD2/3, Ether, Hifiman, from the size to the shape to the connector....

Is there some kind of mega factory somewhere that OEM for all these brand? 
confused_face(1).gif
 The only difference is the headband
eek.gif

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #139 of 4,813
Do you prefer the closed Ether compared to the open version?

I have need of a good closed back headphones right now. I love my alpha primes, but if I can get a closed back version of the ETHER, I shall save all my money, no single-malt scotch, till The ETHER C is in my stable of headphones lol.

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #141 of 4,813
mmm.........posts with likes: comparison with the other closed-backs (TH 900, LCD XC, the woodies from ATH) and TOTL open-backs. . UNLIKES: it is expensive (duh, it is summit-fi), I broke down the material costs and it  is like 99 cents (nobody cares), it is overpriced (again, nobody cares), no way the the HP is a thousand dollars worth more than my  <insert the HP model> (good for you, now move along and good riddance!). I hope this thread gets more likes than unlikes.

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #142 of 4,813
This couldn't have come at a better time, with the Canadian $ at .75 US. It's only gonna cost  $2300 w/shipping/taxes!

Yes, this is sarcasm...

Lol

Aug 15, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #144 of 4,813
Aug 15, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #146 of 4,813
Just ordered Gungnir Multibit and Ether C to go with my Liquid Carbon on the way. Time to eat ramen the rest of the year

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #147 of 4,813
Well there's a flat brokerage fee, then the GST/HST at about 12%...of the US dollar value.

We have added USPS shipping, I believe this will eliminate the brokerage.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #148 of 4,813
The Schiit Show was wonderful as was the opportunity to meet other like minded individuals and to listen to familiar (read: excellent) music through Mr. Clark's superb headphones  made all the more so by the Schiit Electronics pumping them up.  

Mr.Clark is a true gentleman as is Jude whom I also had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with.  Both men are passionate not only about music, but life and the joy in living it as best one can.   As I told the wonderful Denise, love is friendship set to music and therefor every life has a soundtrack worthy of listening to again and again.

I truly enjoyed myself today.  Thanks again to all involved. 

The Toad

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #150 of 4,813
We have added USPS shipping, I believe this will eliminate the brokerage.

It used to, but not anymore. You still have to pay sales tax, which is the 12%.

But, since it's made in the USA and there is the TAFTA, we don't have to pay another importing tax.

Still, I used to order stuff on the internet from the US all the time without paying anything as long as it was shipped with USPS, not anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back