Mr Speakers Voce Electrostatic headphone thread
Apr 14, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #301 of 404
Any comparisons between VOCE with Audeze CRBN? Im already have a 009s and everybody is talking about CRBN Tonality and Slam. I have an opportunity tô pick a VOCE for a good price. Anyone have experience with VOCE and CRBN and tell a little about both ?

Apr 14, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #303 of 404
I had the VOCE and currently have the CRBN. To my memory, The VOCE to me sounded much warmer to my ears and not as transparent. I think the VOCE is 1 notch down, but still enjoyable. It is quite power hungry though if I
Thanks. Not as transparent from your memory is because of the warmer tone? Or the information is not there ?

Apr 14, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #304 of 404
I think the information is not there....perhaps if you turn the volume up, you might get it more because the warmth/bass is overpowering. I never did try to eq the VOCE so, I don't know. I will curious to hear from someone who has it side by side. I have the CRBN, and it is warmer than my 009S but it is just as transparent to my ears...although some may disagree.

Apr 14, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #305 of 404
2cents: (Keep in mind I haven’t heard CRBN), but from my experience, since Voce is very hard to drive that means if your energizer isn’t high-end you will miss a lot of details. Voce scales more than any headphone I’ve heard. It’s both the worst headphone and the most impressive staging headphone I’ve heard, depending on what energizer it is on.

Apr 14, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #307 of 404
I use the Voce with the Z10e and it does very well.

Apr 14, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #309 of 404
Thanks everybody. Maybe I will wait more for a better oportunity. I have a KGSSHV I dont know if its enough.

Apr 14, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #311 of 404
For me, the Voce has all the detail and very good definition (maybe even a slight better separation than the 009) with my BHSE and Yggdrasil.
I also have the 009 and 007 MKII and mostly listen to the Voce.
It does take a bit higher volume setting to get there as compared to the 009 volume setting.
The 007MKII is better off my Cavalli LL2SS (solid state) amp than off the BHSE.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #312 of 404
I would never say the Voce have too much or an overpowering bass. To me, they deliver on average, what I hear in bass quantity from other headphones on other good amps. Well defined but not exaggerated.

Apr 14, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #313 of 404
Thanks. Not as transparent from your memory is because of the warmer tone? Or the information is not there ?
The Voce is remarkably clear and truthful - with an unusual for estat amount of warmth - but its like the Nelson Pass amps, very defined by with a touch - not as warm as say the HE-500.. The 007 and 009 hurl detail - its impressive, and draws attention - but on recordings I was present for, or saw the artist during the period of the recording they are far too detailed compared to the real thing (subtle ringing, some sibelance and more).

Voce is very power hungry. A small Stax amp would never do the job.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #314 of 404
I would never say the Voce have too much or an overpowering bass. To me, they deliver on average, what I hear in bass quantity from other headphones on other good amps. Well defined but not exaggerated.
Better bass than any Stax ever.

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #315 of 404

Users who are viewing this thread

Back