Mr Speakers Voce Electrostatic headphone thread
May 14, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #286 of 404
Agreed. I think for a do-it-all amp it would be a nice choice. I considered it before going with the Blue Hawaii.

May 14, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #287 of 404
Exactly. That is why the Z10e is great as it works for standard and electrostatic and even speakers.
The exact thing I like about my Audio Valve Solaris. Well, one of the things I like. :)

Dec 16, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #290 of 404
A pairing that also works very well is the KGSShv Carbon design from Kevin Gilmore. I have built several and owners who love the Voce agree with me. I am reminded to point this out because I have been without a Carbon for several years. I recently completed a build and was very pleased to rediscover how good a partnership it is. My wife who is never wrong, said it was “wonderful, marvellous. I can hear lots of details and the instruments and voices are in 3D”.

Attachments

• P1090534.JPG
    P1090534.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 17, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #291 of 404
A pairing that also works very well is the KGSShv Carbon design from Kevin Gilmore. I have built several and owners who love the Voce agree with me. I am reminded to point this out because I have been without a Carbon for several years. I recently completed a build and was very pleased to rediscover how good a partnership it is. My wife who is never wrong, said it was “wonderful, marvellous. I can hear lots of details and the instruments and voices are in 3D”.
Got any inside photos? Love to see it...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 19, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #292 of 404
The inside. Something to point out is that the amplifier boards (upright on the panels either side of the power supply board) are on fabricated heatsinks using individual porous ceramic heatsinks. They are lighter and smaller than traditional finned metal heatsinks and the amplifier case has smooth sides. I have trialled this on several builds and it works very well.

Attachments

• P1090537.JPG
    P1090537.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #293 of 404
Are Voce (electrostats) really heavier than Ether 2 (planars)?

Dec 24, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #295 of 404
Coming out of retirement, eh, Geoff. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #296 of 404
I like it with the HFM Jr.

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #297 of 404
I agree they have a unique sound. Tough for me to put a finger on just what it is. I liked them enough to splurge on a BHSE. Definitely in my top three.
They sound like music. The two Stax god cans score points for wow:
* detail
* speed
* treble

Impressive but not music.

Dec 25, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #298 of 404
Will the next version of Dan Clark Audio electrostats be black? Would be very glad to see that finish. Not much of high-end electrostats are of that color, they are predominantly silver...

Feb 26, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #300 of 404
I don't get to roll these out out as often as I want. But that said, when I do, these are just plain wonderful. Keep up the good work Dan......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back