Mr Speakers Voce Electrostatic headphone thread
Aug 19, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #211 of 404
bagwell359’s comment touches on the original basis for appraising quality audio reproduction; live acoustic music. Electronically created music is a newer art-form and lovers of that might value different aspects of sound reproduction. It seems widely accepted on head-fi that different headphones give better results on different types of music. Personally, I love rock and blues, orchestral, piano, jazz, big band, opera etc. and have been to a good many live events. The reproduction of these has to sound convincing. For me the Voce on a good system yields very convincing sounds. The power, weight and sparkle are well balanced.

Throwing the cost angle to the wind, I have never heard better than the Voce. The bass might not have the impact of some of the elite planars, but when listening to acoustic music - upright bass, low resister piano, cello, etc. the bass seems quite correct and in balance - which is very good. But in the mids and highs is where the Voce sails past all of them with correct fundamental tone in balance with overtones - no headphone matches it today. I'm quite sure Dan is going to debut a Voce 2 or re-Voce or whatever pretty soon - that could promise better.

Aug 25, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #212 of 404
We won't be doing "2" names anymore. It seems some people equate that to a minor update. In our case, the 2 series were totally re-engineered drivers with significant improvements across the board, and I think some folk discounted them for that, AEON 2 was slow to get going, though it's really taken off this summer...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 25, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #213 of 404
We won't be doing "2" names anymore. It seems some people equate that to a minor update. In our case, the 2 series were totally re-engineered drivers with significant improvements across the board, and I think some folk discounted them for that, AEON 2 was slow to get going, though it's really taken off this summer...

Yes dot anything or a succession of numbers says incremental. I like the 1.1 but it's no 2, big jump.

"Voce Supremo" might work however... better than uno, due...

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #214 of 404
Yes dot anything or a succession of numbers says incremental. I like the 1.1 but it's no 2, big jump.

"Voce Supremo" might work however... better than uno, due...

I'll fool them all, Voce Nove! :wink:

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #216 of 404
Just ordered the BHSE and Voce. also went ahead with Seimins EL34 tubes. I will hope they produce enough kick in bass for my edm. I’m not expecting Abyss 1266TC bass but I’d like something to be there.

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #217 of 404
I have a Voce driven by a Stax srm353x. I also own a Abyss TC with a Woo WA33. Really curious about upgrading my electrostatic amp. Love to hear what you think of the BHSE. Especially with EDM. Usually use the TC for electronic music but still curious.

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #218 of 404
I have a Voce driven by a Stax srm353x. I also own a Abyss TC with a Woo WA33. Really curious about upgrading my electrostatic amp. Love to hear what you think of the BHSE. Especially with EDM. Usually use the TC for electronic music but still curious.
I’m sure it’s going to be a long time till I receive my order from Justin. The TC would be my end if it wasn’t for unequal bass between drivers do to placement of ear cups. But the clarity is what keeps the 1266 as my top headphone as well as spacious sound. For the Voce will be my first estat. I picked it because it is described as full body.

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #219 of 404
Driving the Voce with the LTA Z10e, very good bass and very transparent. It also does excellent with the Abyss.

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #220 of 404
I just turned off the Audiovalve Solaris and hung my Voce headphones back on their holder after five hours of music ranging from Van Morrison to Van Cliburn and from Dwight Yoakum to Reginald Dwight and I have not heard such great sound since I sold my Shindo amps and DeVore loudspeakers. I'd still be listening if I didn't have to eat. Get Voce you'll be glad you did. :)

Sep 12, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #221 of 404
The Voce is definitely more full bodied compared to say Stax L700, which I spent a few hours with last month. Just a very relaxed yet detailed sound.

Sep 12, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #222 of 404
I just turned off the Audiovalve Solaris and hung my Voce headphones back on their holder after five hours of music ranging from Van Morrison to Van Cliburn and from Dwight Yoakum to Reginald Dwight and I have not heard such great sound since I sold my Shindo amps and DeVore loudspeakers. I'd still be listening if I didn't have to eat. Get Voce you'll be glad you did. :)
Did you compare the Voce to other headphones or estats on the Solaris?

Sep 12, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #223 of 404
Did you compare the Voce to other headphones or estats on the Solaris?
I used Solaris with my Ether C and with my Senn 650 before I invested in the e-stats, and I was able to compare the Voce to Stax 07's. I preferred Voce by a wide margin.

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #224 of 404
I’m sure it’s going to be a long time till I receive my order from Justin. The TC would be my end if it wasn’t for unequal bass between drivers do to placement of ear cups. But the clarity is what keeps the 1266 as my top headphone as well as spacious sound. For the Voce will be my first estat. I picked it because it is described as full body.
Did you get your BHSE yet? How does the Voce sound on it? Comparisons?

Oct 18, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #225 of 404
I had the amp in two weeks and the Voce have a big powerful sound. I still prefer the 1266 TC the most. The detail out of the Voce is amazing I wish it had a little more pop in the low end. If you could get the bass to be more this would be my top earspeaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back