MP3NewsWire: Coming players this summer
Jun 23, 2005 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
You may have seen many of these before and I'm not sure I agree with that Bose v. B&O description, but thought this was an interesting read.

Summer 1

Summer 2
lipstickmp3_small.jpg

Jun 23, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 14
Strange. He discusses how B&O are about "style and exclusivity" then goes on to talk about what kind of crowd Bose are attempting to sell their product to, "their target audience," and then a few sentences later mentions that the triport is "An MP3 player for grown-ups."

If that's not selling "style and exclusivity" to a certain age group, i don't know what is...
rolleyes.gif

"Wish list for 2006: a TriPort hard drive player."

Ok, if that's the case why didn't the author bash Bose for being behind the times?

EDIT: I read the second part and saw two units that caught my attentions, the Kenwood HD20GA7 and Creative Zen Vision. Apparently the Kenwood uses a digital amp, i wonder if its the same as the Sharp 1 bit digi-amp that was used in the DR7? The creative unit has a really sleek screen, measures at 640x480...very impressive indeed.

Jun 23, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 14
I just don't get this:
Quote:

The new Kenwood HD20GA7 features a digital amplifier that is supposed to drive higher quality sound. The amplifier sounds nice, but our question is what about the quality of those earbuds attached to the Kenwood. Ear gear is the weakest link on all portable audio apperatus, because that is where much sound quality is lost. Bose addressed this problem by attaching its superior TriPort headphones to its new player. Time will tell how good the buds are on the Kenwood.

Are the stock earbuds cemented into the player??
He's criticizing the choice of using a high quality amp because they didn't include triports? Argh. Buy new headphones! They will work, i promise!

Jun 23, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 14
Well everyone needs a someone/something to hate, right? Ohioans hate West Virginia. Star Wars fanatics hate Trekkies. Cab drinkers hate Merlot. If you need to justify Bose, B&O seems a likely target (even if they tend to sound better). Hell if hate wasn't a part of it I suspect we'd have about half the iPod related posts we do.
wink.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thisp
What a moron.

All credibility flys straight out the window after reading that part of the article.

Jun 23, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Well everyone needs a someone/something to hate, right? Ohioans hate West Virginia. Star Wars fanatics hate Trekkies. Cab drinkers hate Merlot. If you need to justify Bose, B&O seems a likely target (even if they tend to sound better). Hell if hate wasn't a part of it I suspect we'd have about half the iPod related posts we do.
wink.gif

If hate wasn't allowed on the internet, 99% of the forums would disappear overnight. Only... adult material... and Amazon.com would be left
icon10.gif

Jun 24, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 14
Whoever who wrote those articles is a moron. At the end of the 2nd page, the MP3 player he is talking about is a Samsung T7, yet the picture is clearly the T8. Moron.

Jun 24, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
is the site sponsored by bose?
biggrin.gif

Exactly what I was thinking. Seems like every other review, he says something about Bose.

Jun 24, 2005 at 6:25 AM Post #12 of 14
none of them really caught me except the the Philips SA-177, which is beautiful. the screens text is a reminiscene of the old philips hd player's text which i love. and physical design a bit influences by that sony flash player maybe.

Jun 24, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
none of them really caught me except the the Philips SA-177, which is beautiful. the screens text is a reminiscene of the old philips hd player's text which i love. and physical design a bit influences by that sony flash player maybe.

You should check out dapreview - They have some gorgeous pics of the player mentioned, and perhaps a mini-review.

They also have more of BlessingX's shuffle muffles haha

Jun 24, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Bose is all about the quality of marketing

I completely agree.

I'm really thinking about getting this little thing: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=541966
Yeah, no internal flash, but certainly reasonable for the size and price. It's better than shelling out way too much for a Forge/Chiba/Cali or getting a "way-too-large-for-a-flash-player" Sansa. Since it was just released this month, I could only find a couple of 4/5 reviews on Pricegrabber. Still, getting that and a Sandisk 1 GB SD card for $65 shipped on Newegg, you have a nice, compact, battery-powered, 1 GB flash player for $105.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back