MP3 player for mom, suggestions needed-simple
Nov 23, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by yeeyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My suggestion: MuVo TX FM.

Simple interface, drag and drop (no software needed), FM radio, battery powered.

although I don't recommend that particular player, I personally find UMS players to be the easiest to use deal with. If she can organize dfiles on her computer she can use a UMS player.

just my 2 cents

Nov 25, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #17 of 19
iq160plus says:
Quote:

My mom wants to listen to mp3 that she will recieve via CD-ROM.

If you love your mother and your sanity, you will rip her cd's

Quote:

[N]eed the player to be removed from that PC, and then sat in a BASE that not only charges the MP3 player, but allows the least complicated way to connect to external speakers.

Again, if you love your mother and your sanity, she should NEVER be allowed to remove the iPod from the base.

This is what I bought my mother and I still have most of my sanity intact:

(1) A Silver iPod Mini that had been fully loaded with all her favs; and,

(2) Cambridge Soundworks Play Dock.

She is happy and I don't get stupid phone calls. Actually, I do get stupid phone calls but not about why nothing is coming out of the speakers. I love my mother, but also my sanity.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #18 of 19
my completely technologically ignorant grandfather has a 4gb ipod nano with a nice leather case and loves it. its easy for him to use on the job (he's a craftsman and does odd jobs) and with some decent earbuds he cancels out some of the noise. 4gb is the most an older person'll need, and they are pretty eye-pleasing. be prepared to teach them how to use it, though!

Dec 11, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #19 of 19
the first thing i thought after reading the OP's first message was: Creative Muvo

simple, small, usb plug built in, SQ is still decent, can be plugged into any external speakers with the right cables... plus theyre cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back