Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A Minor (K. 622)
Jun 23, 2002 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nezer

Antibacterial soap... kills bacteria... bad karma?
Any suggestions of a good, no, great performance and recording of this masterpiece?

It's my favorite Mozart composition. The melody is so airy and the voice leading used in this piece makes me think that if he were alive today he would be playing piano in a jazz bar in Manhattan.

I'd love to find a great performance and recording of the whole concerto. Any other extraneous stuff is unimportant.

Jun 24, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #2 of 7
Haven't heard this particular recording but since it is Benny Goodman it is probably good man!
rolleyes.gif

Benny Goodman: Mozart At Tanglewood

I found it on CDNow

Jun 24, 2002 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 7
Hmm... This piece would be right up Benny Goodman's alley.

Everytime I hear the second movement I just want to cry. It's just sheer musical perfection. I love how Mozart teases with the cadence and when it is finally delivered it's soooo sweet.

I'll see if I can find the Benny Goodman CD. It would probably be worth it just for the performance aspect alone.

Jun 24, 2002 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 7
Jun 24, 2002 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Score... The Oboe Concerto is my second favorite!

This thing got ALL GREAT reviews.

ANy head-fi member have this recording and can vouch for it?

Jun 24, 2002 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
Any suggestions of a good, no, great performance and recording of this masterpiece?

It's my favorite Mozart composition. The melody is so airy and the voice leading used in this piece makes me think that if he were alive today he would be playing piano in a jazz bar in Manhattan.

I'd love to find a great performance and recording of the whole concerto. Any other extraneous stuff is unimportant.

I have been happy with this version

-Alfred Prinz (Clarinet), Wolfgang Schulz (Flute), Nicanor Zabaleta (Harp)-Wiener Philharmoniker (Karl Böhm)-Ed. Deutsche Grammophon, Rec 1974, ADD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back