Moving up
Apr 16, 2015 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BMBROWN911

100+ Head-Fier
I've wanted to upgrade to a better headphone amp now for a while and finally have decided to move ahead with it. Right now I'm using a schitt lyr with some HE500's. I'm looking to go a bit higher up the food chain. Originally I was set on getting an EF-6 but here lately I've been curious about the Schitt Ragnarok. I've done a bit of reading on the two but since I don't have a much of a setup for balanced listening. Just an old pair of balanced HD600's I was curious how the two compare when just operated in singled ended mode. You don't hear much about the Ragnarok when operated in singled ended mode. So if anyone has any opinions or experience with the two feel free to chime in. Thanks!

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 4
Well, the Ragnarok reportedly sounds a lot better in balanced mode than it does single-ended. Dunno about the EF-6. I plan on getting the Ragnarok to use with the HE1000, HE-6, AB-1266, etc. (And possibly a high-end speaker amp after that.) It's around the same price as the EF-6, yet is much more versatile.

Apr 17, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 4
I just upgraded from the lyr to the Lake People G109S. I'm much preferring the sound of the lake people amp compared to the lyr. I don't think there's a single thing the lyr did better. I read the g109 is a good pairing with the HE500 but I haven't heard the combo myself. Granted it doesn't have balanced output but I figured it be worth tossing out my experience before you drop $1700 on a new amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back