Moving next to a dam - good idea for cleaner electricity?
Aug 3, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 33
LOL

I wanna see how this turns out
popcorn.gif

Make sure you don't forget those Magix Levitation feet or whatever vibration dampening tweaks you have
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #17 of 33
You used to stand for something Patrick...the message is getting lost now. Maybe this trip to prison will help you re-find yourself. Vive Extreme-Tweaking.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You used to stand for something Patrick...the message is getting lost now.

There was a message??
eek.gif

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #19 of 33
"I remember wondering why no one ever wanted to live in the nice houses I built next to the nuclear power station. It made sense to me: it would mean the electricity wouldn't have to travel so far and as such would be less tired and more efficient."

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Wonder how this one turns out.
Especially since you may be out in jail for economic fraud, and that your bank account being already locked.

I got a letter from the bank that said I was banned from the stock market service. But it worked to transfer the stocks into another bank. So my dam tweak is on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the electricity to the house you are looking at fed directly from the power station? I would think it would go to a substation first which could be miles away.

The city I looked at has 7 apartments available, 2 of them are near a busy street, 2 others are near a dam in a small community. They are places people don't like to live in. I'm worried it will be too noisy to live beside a dam. But it's still quieter than living in the city correct?

EDIT: I have been looking at pictures and the power lines don't go directly to the community. There is 1-2 miles of wiring first!

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The city I looked at has 7 apartments available

Is this city in Hawaii, or was that thread started by another one of your personalities?

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this city in Hawaii, or was that thread started by another one of your personalities?

No, the city with a dam is way up north where it's dark.

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #23 of 33
You paid 3K + US for a power cable ? LOL......you should substitute the ostrich for a sucker
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

I'm worried it will be too noisy to live beside a dam. But it's still quieter than living in the city correct?

Probably depends on the dam and city. Larger = more noise.
I would rather live in a city than by a dam, but thats just me ...

Aug 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #25 of 33
is this a joke? who moves to a different place just for "cleaner power"?

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pascal, meet Patrick.

Have you tried solar power Pat?

My cables sound better when they are cold, that's why I'm moving close to the north pole. I don't think there is enough sun there to use solar power.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

My cables sound better when they are cold, that's why I'm moving close to the north pole. I don't think there is enough sun there to use solar power.

No worries. I live just south of North Pole. Plenty of light to use solar. Just look at the cabages we take to the fair every year!

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #30 of 33
Yeah, Patrick, I love your threads, gives me a kick every time I stumble upon them, the one about getting dumped via IM because of your K1000 still comes to mind when I look back and think of funny things.

On to your current issue.

I think it would make more sense to go the solar-power route but batteries have their own problem and that's the inherent PSU impedance.

Have you looked into getting a dedicated power line to your apartment/house? I know of a person who is trying to install a 50A dedicated line to his place in Silicon Valley, which looks to be feasible.

Also you may want to look at a true balanced power supply and the power to your house will matter so much less because of the new relative ground you'll be making using the balanced PSU.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back