Movies bend reality!
Apr 5, 2006 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
So I'm watching the movie "Constantine" over the weekend, and in one scene he cues up the first track of an album on a turntable, and out comes "Take 5".

Now, can someone tell me if the vinyl version of "Time Out" has "Take 5" as the first track? On all my CD versions it's track #3. Am I crazy, or just a geek?

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 7
Geek.

icon10.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
So I'm watching the movie "Constantine" over the weekend, and in one scene he cues up the first track of an album on a turntable, and out comes "Take 5".

Now, can someone tell me if the vinyl version of "Time Out" has "Take 5" as the first track? On all my CD versions it's track #3. Am I crazy, or just a geek?

You are absolutely right. It should be "Blue Rondo A La Turk." The wonders of sound editing.

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 7
It couldn't have even been Side B, because...

Track Listing

Side 1

Blue Rondo A La Turk
Strange Meadow Lark
Take Five

Side 2

Three to Get Ready
Kathy's Waltz
Everybody's Jumpin'
Pick Up Sticks

Apr 5, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #7 of 7
I thought I was obsessive about details. I feel better now.

On a semi-related note, ever notice how every computer screen in every movie has a GUI that bears no resemblance to reality whatsoever? Some guy boots a laptop in a hotel room in Istanbul, and with no modem configuration or wired connection, he instantly has a real-time 3d videoconference with some other guy half way across the globe.

Makes me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back