Movie soundtracks. What do you recommend?
Feb 18, 2003 at 2:13 PM Post #31 of 106
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
I heard that Star Trek Wrath of Kahn is a decent soundtrack. Any other recommendations?

Quote:

Originally posted by
AIM9x
yeah, just sample every soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and John Williams, you'll find some gems in there in a very short amount of time.

These are out of print, but if you like John Williams and "Space" movies, watch for Pops in Space and Spaced Out. They are some of the best cuts from the StarWarsEmpireJediTrekSupermanETCloseEncounters movies.

I had both until they got permanantely borrowed.

Feb 18, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #32 of 106
Taxi Driver
Robocop

Robocop is OOP, but it sounds stellar and if your a fan of the movie you will definitely enjoy this soundtrack

As for Taxi Driver, that's simply one of my favorite movies and the soundtrack fits it like a glove, absolutely worthy!

Feb 20, 2003 at 11:53 AM Post #40 of 106
I can't believe no one mentioned 'The Piano' soundtrack......
I find it so beautifull...no words really.

'Band of Brothers', 'Gladiator', 'Braveheart' and 'Lord Of The Rings' are also amazing...

'Band of Brothers' is particularly great if you loved the series as I did

Feb 20, 2003 at 12:24 PM Post #41 of 106
Barry Lyndon - It was as always a favorite of mine, a great selection of music. I don't know whether or not it ever made it to cd?

Nashville - I you liked the movie, of course, you love the soundtrack.

Natural Born Killers - a great assemblage of music by the master - Trent Reznor.

Doctor Dolittle - of course I was 8 at the time, but this album got a helluva lot of play!

Feb 20, 2003 at 6:30 PM Post #43 of 106
I don't think anyone's mentioned Gettysburg yet. Excellent score by Randy Edelman.

I need to get myself hyped up for Gods and Generals this Friday
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2003 at 3:20 AM Post #45 of 106
Man, i can't believe not a single person mentioned selmasongs, the soundtrack to dancer in the dark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back