Moved: RudiStor NX-02 Sistema and .....
Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

jpstereo

500+ Head-Fier
I just picked up a brand spankin' new RudiStor NX-02 Sistema off of Amazon for a little over $300! Please help me choose some cans. The easy answer is Ultrasone (since this model is touted as customized for the Proline models) but I don't know enough about them.

Should I look to Ultrasone? I primarily listen to Jazz and vocals ... I do have HD580s and Beyer DT440s already ...

Thanks,

JP

Dec 30, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 24
I'd say go for the Ultrasones - I have the 750s and they are lovely indeed. I always wanted to try it out with the Rudistor, but sadly, now I've listed it on the buy/sell forum - almost new - due to getting Sennheisers and the GS Solo.

Jazz would sound lovely on the Ultrasones I believe - with vocals, it's a tad bit tricky. Some female vocals can sound rather hollow and thin. But since you have the right amp for it, it could sound beautiful. I've only ever used a cmoy with it, and even then, it impressed me so.

if you'd like more impressions on the Ultrasones, you're welcome to PM me.

Dec 31, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the price jumped back up. Above the $600 mark! Not such a good deal anymore

But you haven't heard it yet!
wink.gif

Still, you guys got it for a steal. You will love it, especially at that price. An underappreciated amp for low-impedances cans, for sure.

Dec 31, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

Still, you guys got it for a steal. You will love it, especially at that price. An underappreciated amp for low-impedances cans, for sure.

Agreed! Time will tell. If things don't work out, there is always the For Sale forum, eBay, and Audiogon!

Jan 1, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

I may not have heard this particular model but I have heard other Rudistor Amps. Amazing stuff and for some reason it does not have the following I would have thought.

Look forward to receiving it, and playing with it and my PROline 2500.

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may not have heard this particular model but I have heard other Rudistor Amps. Amazing stuff and for some reason it does not have the following I would have thought.

Look forward to receiving it, and playing with it and my PROline 2500.

Miguel,

Please let me know your impressions of the Rudi with the 2500s. I was going to order them but I just couldn't pass on the deal I got for the 750s. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If nothing else, it certainly is the best looking set-up I have. If not, I always have my trusty X-Can v3 w/little pinkie and HD580s to fall back on!

Regards,

JP

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpstereo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miguel,

Please let me know your impressions of the Rudi with the 2500s. I was going to order them but I just couldn't pass on the deal I got for the 750s. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If nothing else, it certainly is the best looking set-up I have. If not, I always have my trusty X-Can v3 w/little pinkie and HD580s to fall back on!

Regards,

JP

Sure will, I have a fully modded (and then some extra stuff) X-Can V2 w/ a Little Pinkie V2 to compare with. BTW, where are you located?

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #13 of 24
Zana Deux > Girlfriend(s)

Jan 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #14 of 24
Well the Rudistor Sistema NX-02 is in the house and burning in! It is a bit bigger than expected, and I aslo thought the face plate would have a better finish, but so what. It is how it sounds that it matters, and w/ about 2 hours of burn-in I am loving this unit specially at the price I paid.

The package arrived w/ a bit of damaged and I was afraid the case would be bent but thankfully it was not the case. Currently hooked up via BJC IC's and I am using a better power cable - PS Audio Extreme Power Super Punch!

The source is the SS output from a Monarchy Audio NM24. Now pics ...

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

Jan 3, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #15 of 24
Congrats, Miguel. You will love the amp - especially with your Ultrasones!

It has a very black background that simply lets your upstream components come through. If you don't like the sound, it's not the amp, it's your source.

Personally, I never found this amp to change much, if at all, with use. Burn-in affects the headphones far more drastically.

Enjoy!

smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back