Move over Mikhail and Ray...the iTube has arrived!
Apr 17, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #17 of 26
Pretty cool stuff here. I read about the iTube a little while ago. I have no idea about the sound though. Would love to hear it though. I think it would very cool and far out if there was a TV with tubes. That would be amazing!
basshead.gif

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it would very cool and far out if there was a TV with tubes. That would be amazing!
basshead.gif

Putting aside that they call it a cathode ray tube for a reason, most TVs made in the 50s and 60s used tubes for their deflection amplifiers.

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep. shanling makes some pretty awesome lookin' tube cdps.

wow. i thought the only audio components that use tubes today were Amps/Preamps.

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow. i thought the only audio components that use tubes today were Amps/Preamps.

There are also equalizers, car stereos, standalone DACs, phono stages, etc

Amplification is amplification. If something works with a transistor then nine times out of ten you can get a tube to do the same job. And visa versa.

Apr 17, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm saving my surprise for when someone makes a tube based mp3 player. Bound to happen sometime...

May 20, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #26 of 26
To make mthe Itube sound about 100% better, get an Astron linear power supply set up for 9V. I paid $94 plus shipping and this makes the Itube sound killer now. Sonics is 10/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back