Mouse -Fi
Feb 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #183 of 616

Quote:
There's a huge difference in Logitech's Mac and PC software, might have been a partial reason. OSX flavor is a bit of an after thought from Logitech.

Oh, I can believe that. One of the reasons I didn't seriously consider Ultimate Ears when I was looking at CIEMs was because they were bought by Logitech. I'm not overly impressed with the other things they sell and while UE has always had a good reputation, I can't help but wonder if the quality has stayed the same over the acquisition. I mean, UE now sells loads of really cheap UIEMs where they didn't really before.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #184 of 616
dang, i would not consider ue high end anymore then. i did not know this. i like this mouse but it's gotta go. it is stressing a very expensive display. logitech's answer is to always send a free one. that's there only answer duh. i have had like five lol. i hated the xai because i need right handed. so what is there in a high end mouse?

btw, i read another forum said it could be the mouse pad. went out and got a real good pad. made no difference.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #185 of 616
^ Could you elaborate on "stressing a very expensive display"?
Off the top of my head, 2 right-handed I can think of is the super-popular Razer Death Adder, and the SteelSeries Ikari Optical.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #186 of 616
I've never used a SS mouse but I have to say I do love my DA. I quite like the ergonomics and it glides quite smoothly. Though, if anyone does have a SS mouse I'd be interested in hearing more about it.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #187 of 616
I use a Xai. It's ok, but I think its size relative to my medium-to-small hands makes it a little uncomfy for prolonged sessions...oh well. Bought it cos I'm a sucker for its clean aesthetics.

Have only had it about 2 months tho. It's holding up fine mechanically, side button placement's good and the scroll wheel is soft-stepped--tactile enough for scrolling through weapons in-game without undue effort or accidents.

In case anyone's interested in using it for a Mac: you'll have to DIY key rebindings. SS makes no effort to have this a OS X-friendly mouse. Thankfully, there's a free program that you can use...But I can't remember the name. I'll check it when I get home, if anybody needs to know.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #188 of 616
eric. it is cycling on off a lcd display constantly. that is more hours on the backlight and panel. thus, more wear. afaik. it is a eizo. if this is fine for the display than i did not know this.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #189 of 616
I have a love-hate relationship with the Logitech G700.  It's the buggiest mouse I've ever used, but it's ergonomically comfortable.  The Windows implementation seems worse than the Mac.  The additional mouse buttons are awkward to press.  If Logitech can't get its act together, my next mouse will be a Razer Naga.  The only reason I've stuck around is their great customer support and replacement policy.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #190 of 616
I had an SteelSeries Ikari, after about two years the wheel button started acting up, making tens of clicks every time I pushed it.
No more warranty so I took it apart to replace that button, only to find it was of a cheaper brand then the other buttons (why?).
I'm fairly handy with a soldering iron, but this button I couldn't remove without ruining the PCB.

Good thing I have my IME3, and found it to be much more smooth and accurate, buttons have been replaced a few times in this mouse, no problem at all, took some time getting used to the low dpi though.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #191 of 616

Quote:
eric. it is cycling on off a lcd display constantly. that is more hours on the backlight and panel. thus, more wear. afaik. it is a eizo. if this is fine for the display than i did not know this.

Oh I see, it's about the mouse causing your monitor to wake up from sleep mode by itself? That doesn't sound healthy for the display; just thinking of it like a lightbulb, the greatest strain on a light is at the power on/off phase, so constantly waking up your display would be like going through many on/off cycles in a short period of time.

I can't think of any reason why this would be an intentional feature. The mouse may be glitched.
Have you tried using a different mouse to see if your display wakes up by itself?

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #192 of 616
When i scroll down with this mouse the page jumps back up every so often, anyone else have that happen?

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #193 of 616
different mouse works fine. another g500, same problem on any machine i have tried. i found a solution on modern motherboards though just last night. disable "hpet" in the bios power management. no one i have asked knows what "hpet" is or does. the wiki artical does not really explain what it "does" either. it just explains what it is. anyways it works and seems to have made no negative impact on the machines. nonetheless logitech should get their act together. i love the feel and layout of the g500. much more than the g700 in fact. the darn thing is buggy though. not as bad as steel series. i called them in chicago and the dude did not even know they had a telephone! i mean come on. i really prefer a laser though as i rarely game. i have enough machine to play battlefield2 and a might try it but i never really got addicted to games. even though i prefer gaming mice as they just tend to be better. usually. that old logitech mouse(don't remember the model) with the infrared sensor was classic. lately they have been blowing it. it seems all the companies have as of late.

wearing out buttons? you guy's are hardcore!

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #194 of 616
omg, hpet is a problem with a lot of things. it is more precise clock control but can cause many problems. i always had the mouse problem. i also always had potplayer or foobar start hiccuping after a few hours. i disabled hpet last night. i just noticed potplayer has been going 17 hours! some boards give you no choice then you are sol. info on the internet is very hard to find. mostly says with hpet off game latency increased a lot. i'd leave the timing to the cpu even if perhaps it is not as precise. if you have a choice. i am gathering the problem is it ties up an interrupt that other devices may call upon. that seems to be where a problem arises. like i said info is scarce but i just spent half an hour looking. hope that helps anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back