Mouse -Fi
Jul 2, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #31 of 616

Quote:
Hi guys, any recommendations for a "fat" or "tall" mouse? I need something that is tall from bottom to top, to reduce the stress on my middle metacarpal joint.

Flat(ter) mice really stresses my right hand's middle finger knuckle. Right now I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 at the office, which is slightly better than the HP I've been using for a couple of years now.

I have to find a very good replacement for the wireless logitech I've been using for 4 years at home. The stress on my middle metacarpal joint flares out when I play Starcraft2 for over an hour. (I only average 110ish APM, so no crazy clicky spamming here!)

For the reasons you explained I have been using high-end Logitech mouse for a long time now. I had a bluetooth one in the past and now have Performance Mouse MX and it definitely is a wonder ergonomics-wise. You will never worry about flumsy fingers again.

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #32 of 616

Thanks! I'll give the Performance Mouse MX a try if the Logitech M305 I ordered before seeing this post doesn't do the trick.
Quote:
For the reasons you explained I have been using high-end Logitech mouse for a long time now. I had a bluetooth one in the past and now have Performance Mouse MX and it definitely is a wonder ergonomics-wise. You will never worry about flumsy fingers again.

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #33 of 616
MX518 here - absolute gem of a mouse and a decent price too. Have tried using Razer/Roccat etc. but just keep coming back to the Logitech....

anyone used the Microsoft Arc? Always fancied giving it a try.

Zain

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #34 of 616

Quote:

I prefer the ergonomics of the old MX series to the MX Performance aka MX950.

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #36 of 616
I use a Kensington Expert Mouse (actually a trakball). It takes a few hours of use to "burn in" the trackball bearings, but I've been using it now for four years. 

I generally avoid mice unless gaming (in which I'd like to get a Razer Orochi, but my wallet's not so happy due to Head-fi). Just not a fan of the uber-sculpted deigns as they just... aren't comfortable for me. 

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #37 of 616

Quote:

I prefer the ergonomics of the old MX series to the MX Performance aka MX950.

I actually purchased that mouse a few weeks ago. It's been used once and hasn't been touched since.

I guess I didnt like the weight of the mouse, or the ergonomics were just a bit off for me...

For the past 10 years I've been using the classic Microsoft mouse. 

I'm a gamer and I can say that I've had my fair share of mice purchases (mostly from razer, microsoft, logitech etc)

My most expensive mice cost me around 200$ (AUD), while the cheapest I've ever purchased was free.

I can say EASILY that my personal choice of excellence goes to the FREE mouse (Microsofts Basic Optical Mouse)

I'm using the 1094 model, but I liked the previous model MUCH better.

EDIT:

I think one of the most important things that mice makers forget is that the human hand adapts easily with frequent use of an object.

Instead of trying to make the mice adapt to the human hand, I think it's better to allow the human hand to find its own appreciation of the mouse shape and design.

I believe its the reason why seasoned gamers hardly use those 'ultra ergonomic designs' in tournaments.

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #38 of 616
Logitech Wingman Gaming -> MX300 -> MX518 -> Steelseries Xai

My mx518 broke a month or two back, replaced it with a steelseries xai.  very solid mouse, would recommend.

Jul 6, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #39 of 616

Quote:

I actually purchased that mouse a few weeks ago. It's been used once and hasn't been touched since.

I guess I didnt like the weight of the mouse, or the ergonomics were just a bit off for me...

For the past 10 years I've been using the classic Microsoft mouse. 

I'm a gamer and I can say that I've had my fair share of mice purchases (mostly from razer, microsoft, logitech etc)

My most expensive mice cost me around 200$ (AUD), while the cheapest I've ever purchased was free.

I can say EASILY that my personal choice of excellence goes to the FREE mouse (Microsofts Basic Optical Mouse)

I'm using the 1094 model, but I liked the previous model MUCH better.

EDIT:

I think one of the most important things that mice makers forget is that the human hand adapts easily with frequent use of an object.

Instead of trying to make the mice adapt to the human hand, I think it's better to allow the human hand to find its own appreciation of the mouse shape and design.

I believe its the reason why seasoned gamers hardly use those 'ultra ergonomic designs' in tournaments.

lol i have one of those. 6 years old and i treat it like trash and it keeps working. im using it right now actually.

reasons like this make me feel anything more then $30 for a mouse is stupid. this thing was $10. and it has lasted longer then any other mouse i have used. who ever said microsoft was a terrible company. they make solid products regardless of what people say.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #40 of 616
My G5 just broke on me yesterday... so I immediately went out and bought an MX518 on clearance and a G500 on sale  from Best Buy.  That price match thing is hard to argue with (G500 was $44, MX518 was $25).

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #41 of 616
Logitech G9. I love the thing, but the rubber coating on the grip I'm using is rubbing off. I also made the mistake of picking at it the very first time I saw this happening since I thought it was something stuck on my mouse... When I feel the need to get a new one, it'll probably be a G9x, MX518, or G500.

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #42 of 616
Hell yes.   I have 3 of the corded ones.   One has seen years of serious use at work.  Once you get used to it, there's no going back.  I probably need to pick up a few of the cordless ones too so I have a lifetime supply.  I would HATE to go back to a normal mouse after this. 

Quote:

Logitech Trackman. Only the one pictured is one of the latest models and mine is nearly 8 years old and still rolling.

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #45 of 616

Users who are viewing this thread

Back