Mouse -Fi
Jun 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 616

Logitech Trackman. Only the one pictured is one of the latest models and mine is nearly 8 years old and still rolling.

Jun 18, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #17 of 616
5 mice here. I'm VERY picky when it comes to this.

I have a Logitech MX510 (Blue, not the red) that has been my favorite mouse I have ever owned. I sadly retired (but still have; just collecting dust :[ ) it for being old and grimy. (Imagine 5-6 years of sweaty palm buildup, even with regular clean-ups.) There are blemishes, scratches, and the logo's rubbed out, but it's a tank and works like the day I bought it.

I went through a brief stint with a Logitech G5, which just wasn't fun for me. I had the revision with the back AND forward button on the side and "cool" design, too. I use my scroll wheel to cycle through my weapons in shooters, and the G5 was a nucking fightmare when it came to that. I was gonna sell it awhile back, but nobody wants that ish anymore. I might keep it, pawn it off, or sell for 1/4 the price since that's all I would probably get for it.

I now have a G500, which I love. It's durable, versatile, accurate, and has a nice weight to it. TECHNICALLY it's the best mouse I've used (I've "used" them all, pretty much. Death Adder, G7, MX1000, Lachesis, G9, etc) so far, but my MX510 still beats it.

I have a generic Microsoft optical mouse that's my oldest. 10+ years old. And I have a Mac wired mouse that came with the Macbook Pro.

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #18 of 616
My personal theory/formula for a good mouse:

Logitech + simple + under $20 = satisfaction...
I don't game or do anything hardcore (the binding/custom keys on the mice thing) to justify an expensive mouse.
I'm so used to the OEM office-use cheapies, whenever I try out a nice mouse at a store or something I feel overwhelmed lolol.
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #19 of 616

My Razer Naga Epic and my Naga Chckmate Suckers, Hehe.

Natty.

Jun 20, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #21 of 616
Apple's Magic Mouse for various Macbooks, the default trackpad on my Asus laptop for use with my media rig, and the standard Dell mouse for my work laptop. Tried aRazer *insert branding here as i forgot what it was* and i liked it - dropped it while trying it out and stepped on it (tripped on the wire) and it still works fine. My friend didn't mind though, he says he's gone that way numerous times.

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #22 of 616
Interesting, all this love for the MX510, which was also my favorite. Went through one, and the second sits in the closet now that the desktop is gone. Its Apple trackpad with the MBP, and if I get an iMac (doubt it) it'll be with the Magic Trackpad.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #24 of 616

Quote:
Interesting, all this love for the MX510, which was also my favorite. Went through one, and the second sits in the closet now that the desktop is gone. Its Apple trackpad with the MBP, and if I get an iMac (doubt it) it'll be with the Magic Trackpad.

i used those at best buy and i have no idea how anyone could find those comfortable or easy to use. i much prefer a regular mouse.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #25 of 616

Quote:
i used those at best buy and i have no idea how anyone could find those comfortable or easy to use. i much prefer a regular mouse.

I sort of agree. I played with one at the Apple store and I came away thinking, "That would take a lot of getting used to." However, I could see it being very powerful and while I'd likely stick with a normal mouse I'd use the trackpad for gesture commands. That being said, I have no plans on buying one.

I think the best mouse I ever had was the VX Nano. That mouse was comfy (I have big hands but prefer a smaller mouse), sensitive and actually great for gaming. I traded it up for a VX Revolution and regretted it. However, I'd sold the Nano to a friend so I couldn't go back. After that I bought a Mighty Mouse (sucked) and eventually got myself an Anywhere MX, which is alright but could be a lot better.

Once I get paid for my latest gig I'm planning on buying a new mouse. So far the leader is the Razer DeathAdder, Black Edition. I keep hearing great things about it and I think a mouse that runs a little smoother (and I can't scream is lagging) might be a good idea. Plus, wireless mice are heavy and don't glide as smoothly when gaming.

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #27 of 616
New leader on my list: Razer Lachesis. It's $20 than the DeathAdder but it has nine buttons instead of five.

For those with Razer mice, how does the quick-sensitivity switching work? Do you tell it, "This button moves it up, this button moves it down," or is it a toggle thing? Is the button pre-chosen or can I tell it which one to use? The reason I'm thinking the nine-buttoned mouse might be nice is if you can have an up and down button I can use the buttons on the right side and leave the ones on the left side for what I usually use in FPS games, which is switch gun and throw a grenade.

Jul 1, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #28 of 616

Quote:
New leader on my list: Razer Lachesis. It's $20 than the DeathAdder but it has nine buttons instead of five.

For those with Razer mice, how does the quick-sensitivity switching work? Do you tell it, "This button moves it up, this button moves it down," or is it a toggle thing? Is the button pre-chosen or can I tell it which one to use? The reason I'm thinking the nine-buttoned mouse might be nice is if you can have an up and down button I can use the buttons on the right side and leave the ones on the left side for what I usually use in FPS games, which is switch gun and throw a grenade.

I have heard the tracking isn't as good.  It's laser instead of infrared.  I don't know the functional difference here, but I have not heard the best things of the Lachesis, hence why it started as more expensive and wound up cheaper.

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #30 of 616
Hi guys, any recommendations for a "fat" or "tall" mouse? I need something that is tall from bottom to top, to reduce the stress on my middle metacarpal joint.

Flat(ter) mice really stresses my right hand's middle finger knuckle. Right now I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 at the office, which is slightly better than the HP I've been using for a couple of years now.

I have to find a very good replacement for the wireless logitech I've been using for 4 years at home. The stress on my middle metacarpal joint flares out when I play Starcraft2 for over an hour. (I only average 110ish APM, so no crazy clicky spamming here!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back