Mouse -Fi
Mar 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #467 of 616
Quote:
Nothing beats Logitech mice. Nothing. You can throw them under a bus and they'll still work like new.

Man logitech mice are ****, I have a g9, the cord broke, my friend has a g500, double cliking issue and the cord broke, another firend has a g400, de cord is starting to break, plus the drivers are ****, I normally recomend the Razer Deathadder because it has the best sensor set up, and it has never failed, logitech design may be good, but quality and software are HORRIBLE. I would recommend razer, zowie, roccat or cm storm before logitech.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #470 of 616
Quote:
Nice thread. I'd like to weigh in with my opinion. 

I have found that any decent laser mouse works as an effective gaming tool. I've known players to use old school Microsoft Intelli-point mice and absolutely raked the competition. Whatever your peripheral is, if you use it long enough, you will be a master of it if it meets your basic comfort requirements. "Gaming" mice do not equate to better performance. 

I've used a variety of gaming mice from both Logitech and Razer. I could see where some might prefer one over the other, but both were great at being mice. Personally, I was a DeathAdder fan due to the ambidextrous design. I use a claw grip on my mouse. I want something that is equal in size at all points, otherwise a claw grip is distributed unevenly. So, that is my requirement. 

Aside from that, I decided I wanted on the fly DPI switching. If I'm doing some photoshop work, being able to macro a key to knock my DPI down to 400 for precision manipulation was essential. However, gaming mice often feature teflon feet and mouse pads that provide exception glide. I disliked this feature. Having a mouse pad that "sticks" a little bit as a move the mouse across it reduces micro movement errors. I found the same to be true for gaming, where a little bit of friction allowed me to have greater feel of the "road" and end point for my pointer, whereas an ultra slick surface provided no tactile feedback, as though I was on ice.

My point is this; no matter what the long list of beneficial bullet points is for a product of this nature, it doesn't mean you are supposed to adhere to them, or that they will make you superior. Knowing what works best for you does, not what someone else tells you should.

To that extent, I've found the Roccat Sensei [Raw] rubberdized mouse to be perfect for my needs. Ambidextrous design of ample weight and size, on the fly DPI switching, two buttons on both the right and left side of the mouse provide back and forward arrows for browsers and additional macros, as well as additional commands in games directly from the mouse. A five button mouse is my minimum requirement, and this one has eight in an unobtrusive, equidistant design.

The best mouse is one which helps your workflow and disappears into your usage as an extension of your limb, not something you are trying to wield. 

You are just wrong, it is TRUE that you need something that fits your needs, but there are some rules:

1. Laser mice suck, most of them (avago 9500, 9800 vcsel technology based) have positive acceleration, and they cant track consistently on all surfaces.
2. Phillips twin-eye based mice suck (rat7/5, razer imperator, cm storm inferno) they suffer the same tracking problems as the laser ones because they use laser light too, and they have other problems like the z-axis bug.
3. You NEED to have an optical mouse, they will track consistently on any surface, they will be smoother and have less problemes,and they will be cheaper as they are simpler.

There are 5 good mouses:

1. Razer Deathadder, simply the best mouse, perfect and smooth tracking, good drivers, good build quality, IT IS NOT ambidextrous, and the shape may not be for everyone.
2. Roccat Savu, tracking similar to deathadder, good drivers and build quality, the shape is right handed so it might not be for everyone.
3. CM Storm Spawn, good tracking and build, drivers had some problems, and the shape is very weird, it is very small and designed for an extreme claw grip.
4. Zowie EC EVO, good traking and build quality, it uses no drivers so there are no problems there, the shape is similar to the deathadder
5. Zowie AM, same as the EVO, but the shape is ambidextrous, like a WMO, so it is perfect for everyone.

If you know something about mice you will notice that these mice have the same sensor, Avago 3090 (3988s for the deathadder), and that is because it is the best mouse sensor avilable, If you want your mouse to track nice, smooth and without problems you need a mouse with this sensor, but you will need a good mousepad too, acording to cooler master support you need a black matte surface, a cloth mousepad like a steelseries qck.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #473 of 616
Quote:
Ah ok, I'll keep Zowie in mind when I need a new mouse, though, that's the first time I've heard that brand mentioned.

Is a serious proffesional gaming brand, it is not your typical full of marketing cheap quality plastic brand, it makes products thinking on competitive gamers and it designs its products based on the feedback of CS 1.6 legends like heaton and spawn.

http://www.zowiegear.com/

May 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #477 of 616
Hey guys, do you have any recommendations for mice that don't need large dongles or stations to connect? The big USB dongle is my main gripe with my MX Revolution; I can't just leave it in my laptop all the time. I'd love to try out a Razer, but for some reason they decided to make all their wireless mice connect to a big docking station instead of a dongle. Kind of defeats the purpose of a wireless mouse you can take around. I know they have the Orochi, but it's too small, and if a mouse is too small to be comfortable to use, it's not really more convenient on the go than a full-sized. I was very seriously considering the Mad Catz M.O.U.S. 9 for its Bluetooth 4 connection, but the thing is so ugly and doesn't seem too durable. So right now the only appealing options I can see are the Logitech G700 or G700s, and the Performance MX. Anyone know of anything else good?

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #478 of 616
Currently using a Steelseries Sensei

I didn't like it at first coming from about three years using a Logitech G9 and then a G9X briefly.  I wish it was slighly heavier to feel perfect, but I take that for granted when I feel another mouse and I almost throw it across the table because it's so light.

Jun 2, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #479 of 616
I've used a Logitech MX518 for almost 8 years and it still works. It's an awesome mouse, but recently I felt it was time to upgrade. I got a Logitech MX Pro for my laptop since it even works on glass. However, my new favorite is the Logitech G700. It is an AMAZING mouse. It feels better than the MX518 to hold and has a quality heftiness to it. It's more comfortable than the MX Pro. Love the positions of the programmable buttons and love how it can become a corded or wireless seemlessly. I don't game much at all, but the G700 is an excellent mouse when I need to do some programming.

I had some expensive Razer mice before (don't remember the names exactly, but probably related to some snakes) and the quality just didn't cut it for me. I found them kind of uncomfortable and the plastic felt cheaper. There's also something with their buttons. If you accidently spill a bit of soda onto the buttons, the buttons will just by sticky forever and become unusable. Never had that happen 8 years owning the MX518. Haven't spilled anything on the G700 yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back