Motorbike-fi.
May 1, 2011 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Prog Rock Man

Headphoneus Supremus
Any bikers out there? Must be a few at least.

I started the learning and testing process last October and got a Yamaha YBR125 in January. I have done about 2000 miles since then in all weathers and have now sold the car, so biking is permanent for me. I sit my final tests in a few weeks and hope to be fully qualified by June.

I love leaning into bends, acknowledging other bikers on the road, fitting into spaces a car cannot, free parking and doing 95mpg.

May 2, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 3
There's a good biker contingent here. :)

Licensing requirements aren't so rigid over the pond. I took the MSF in December '09, got the M1 license and picked up an '85 Honda Nighthawk 650. Great bike!

I'm thinking about picking up a Ninja 250. Gas prices are skyrocketing and the little Ninja is like a scooter with vastly improved handling and brakes. Perfect for a commute.

Now that you're getting into it, go ATGATT. It's wise to spend more on armor than the bike itself. Be safe, always.

May 2, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 3
ATGATT? I have a textile jacket and trousers from the Italian company JF Pelle with linings and armour. It has kept me warm dry and cool with the vents. My helmet is Italian too, a Caberg Konda flip front. That was not deliberate, their prices and specs matched what I was looking for.

I am taking lessons on a Yamaha XJ6, 600cc and since I find it comfortable and they are well rated it is top of my list to get. I am happy cruising around, but find cruiser bikes uncomfortable. I have to be careful of my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back