Feb 27, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #32 of 41
Rik Emmett
Billy Duffy
Miika Tenkula
Marco Sfogli
Plini
Sithu Aye

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #34 of 41
He's one of the least popular guitarists. Most people don't have a clue who he is, even guitar nerds.

"guitar nerds". Lol. That's a new term for me. Made me chuckle. Yet the funny thing is that I know what you're referring to (or who).

Thx for that :wink:

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #35 of 41
I can't believe I forgot to mention Ewan Dobson, shows I even underrated him. His self title albums are some of the most incredible playing you could hear, acoustic metal was an amazing album as well - guys is amazing to play both leads and rhythms in the manner he does.

Heres a sample of his playing for those interested

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #36 of 41
Great thread!

Love to hear many of these names coming out of the woodwork.  Toto guitarist....great mention!  Rik Emmit too!

Here's a few.  The way I figure the listing is that maybe everyone has heard of the band but few know the lead guitarist, yet the lead guitarist maybe carried the band.

Michael Schenker   (UFO)

Buck Dharma (Blue Oyster Cult)

Neil Schon  (Journey)  Journey's early work was pretty progressive.  I have "Look into the Future" release and Schon absolutely wails through this entire record.

Frank Marino (Mahogany Rush).  Hendrix clone...I saw him play guitar notes with his teeth.  Gimmicky but this guy had some amazing natural talent.  Maybe loudest concert I ever went to. He was a re-incarnated Hendrix.

Mark Farner (Grand Funk)

Mar 1, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #37 of 41
  Great thread!

Love to hear many of these names coming out of the woodwork.  Toto guitarist....great mention!  Rik Emmit too!

Here's a few.  The way I figure the listing is that maybe everyone has heard of the band but few know the lead guitarist, yet the lead guitarist maybe carried the band.

Michael Schenker   (UFO)

Neil Schon  (Journey)  Journey's early work was pretty progressive.  I have "Look into the Future" release and Schon absolutely wails through this entire record.

Frank Marino (Mahogany Rush).  Hendrix clone...I saw him play guitar notes with his teeth.  Gimmicky but this guy had some amazing natural talent.  Maybe loudest concert I ever went to. He was a re-incarnated Hendrix.

Mark Farner (Grand Funk)

Agreed Neil Schon was playing in Santana band at 15 a protegee for sure.

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #39 of 41
Great thread!

Michael Schenker   (UFO)

Mark Farner (Grand Funk)

Good call on Buck Dharma!

Saw BOC years ago...guitar work was intense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back