Most Underrated Guitarists
Feb 21, 2015 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

serman005

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey, gang. This thread is for your vote(s) for the most underrated guitar players you/we can come up with. It can be any genre of music, but the underrating should be in comparison to other players in the (allegedly underrated player's) same musical genre. So, jazz players in comparison to jazz players, rock to rock, and so on. I'll start with: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM, whom I have always felt is an underrated rock player, especially his sometimes ridiculous acoustic playing. He doesn't get the love because he doesn't play like EVH. Still, I think he's underrated and a gifted player who sometimes plays some very difficult parts (like parts of Landslide, among others). Who's next?

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 41
+1 with Lindsey Buckingham.

Terry Kath of the band Chicago.
Michael Shenker of UFO.
George Thorogood of the George Thorogood & The Destroyers.
Walter Becker of Steely Dan.
Neal Schon of Journey.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #4 of 41
Frank Zappa,
Robert Johnson

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 41
Robin Trower - Procol Harum & solo
Dick Dale - solo
Alvin Lee - Ten Years After

All rock guitarists...

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 41
Also, totally agree regarding Lindsey Buckingham. Saw FM in concert years ago and he was amazing!

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 41
Agree with Buckingham also.

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 41
Seeing George Thorogood above reminded me of another blues guitarist that deserved more credit: Albert Collins.

I remembered that George brought AC on stage with him when he performed during Live Aid. He introduced Collins as "the Master of the Telecaster"

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 41
Most of the above mentioned are know as world class players. What do you mean by under rated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back