Most underpriced headphones?
Apr 19, 2015 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

threedaysgrace

New Head-Fier
name some headphones that give you lots of bang for the buck, they can be anywhere from 15-200 bucks, can have any sound signature, and can be in ear, on ear or over the ear, just throw some makes and models at me! :)

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 17
Koss KSC75

Creative Aurvana Live

Sennheiser PX100-II

Sony MDR-7506

Apr 19, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 17
AKG 550
Jays V-Jays
Sennheiser PX 200-II

P.s. What is it with you and these type of threads? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #10 of 17
I like headphones that are oriented toward vocals, im not a huge fan of bass, I usually listen to alternative. Mostly Three Days Grace, Skillet, Breaking Benjamin etc. I thoroughly enjoyed the sound of the bowers and wilkins p7 and mostly liked the sound of the denon adh-600. Although those headphones sound pretty different. So yeah, any headphones that are detailed, geared toward vocals, airy and fairly durable should do the trick. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #11 of 17
  I like headphones that are oriented toward vocals, im not a huge fan of bass, I usually listen to alternative. Mostly Three Days Grace, Skillet, Breaking Benjamin etc. I thoroughly enjoyed the sound of the bowers and wilkins p7 and mostly liked the sound of the denon adh-600. Although those headphones sound pretty different. So yeah, any headphones that are detailed, geared toward vocals, airy and fairly durable should do the trick. 

And open headphones are fine too? If so, the Philips SHP9500 is very airy. Super-comfortable and affordable too.

The Yamaha HPH-MT220 (a studio monitor headphone) has an MSRP of $399, but is currently available for $150. That's a great value, but I haven't heard it myself.

(The P7 is $400, so not within the parameters you set in the first post.)

Apr 19, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #12 of 17
Of the cans in my collection...
Senn HD558 foam modded.  Punches well above its price point new or used.
SennGrado with G-cush pads.  If you use the OEM Grado OFC cables and don't go the woody route you'll have an outstanding ~$125 headphone.  Even if you go the woody route, you've still got an EXCELLENT looking and sounding phone for around $200.

Headphones that I have liked, but fell short of making this list are the K701/2, HD580 due to their amplification needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back