Most uncomfy full size headphones?
Feb 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 21
It has to be the Audio Technica ATH-AD2000.
I don't know how you can design such a good headphone and totally overlook it's comfort. It makes no sense how for a $500+ headphone (new) the pads go flat so your ears are crushed against the drivers. Funny how such an expensive headphone requires a comfort mod...with plastic tubing!

Hopefully they fixed this with the W1000X.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 21
Its LCD-2 for me. The weight and clamping force is unequal among full size. The pressure at the top of the band with a metal and a foam is a laughing matter. But sound quality is diff story

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 21
Final Audio Design's upcoming full-sizer not only weighs a gigantic amount (almost three pounds), but it has an all-metal headband to support that weight.

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 21
as much as i hate to say it, i just couldn't get along with akg k240s.  they sounded awesome, but for me they just always pressed too hard around my ears and the pads were hot and irritating.  in retrospect i should have tried them with different pads.  oh well, i got a pair of k702s which are incredibly comfortable and sound even better than the 240s.

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #7 of 21
Most headphones I've experienced have managed to be somewhat comfortable. Grados with bagel pads are painful for me after an hour and Koss pro4a's were heavy and clamped too much.

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #9 of 21
Any headphone that is low profile and presses the driver to my ear through the cloth (the M50 comes to mind) makes my ears want to kill somebody after a few minutes.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #12 of 21
The Sennheiser HD555s are pretty freaking uncomfortable. They don't quite go over your ear, so they touch your earlobes and the rims of your ear. Because of the cable, the balance favors the left side, and thusly it's never exactly quite centered on your head. Then, the clamping force is just tight enough that it's irritating, but not painful, so after an hour or two you will be shuffling it around your head annoyingly.

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #13 of 21

Quote:
The Sennheiser HD555s are pretty freaking uncomfortable. They don't quite go over your ear, so they touch your earlobes and the rims of your ear. Because of the cable, the balance favors the left side, and thusly it's never exactly quite centered on your head. Then, the clamping force is just tight enough that it's irritating, but not painful, so after an hour or two you will be shuffling it around your head annoyingly.

[size=10.0pt]LOL, I often fall asleep wearing my 555’s that’s how comfortable I find them. My HD-25's do exert a considerable clamping force to the sides of my head, however they pale in comparison to Grado 80i’s, which not only clamp, but the pad material which rest directly on the ear, is also abrasive and warm.[/size]

[size=10pt]I do love the sound of the Grado’s but I can’t wear them for longer than 30 minutes without taking a break.[/size]

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #15 of 21
My HD-25's were uncomfortable at first...not anymore. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back