Most ridiculous home theater ever? You decide.
Feb 8, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 86
His money, his decision. We have no right to judge. That is a sure hell lot of speakers for a size of that room. There is probably no sense of surround unless he has a sound processor that matrix those 7.1 channels into more. I don't care about everything except Sony SRX-S110 Professional Video Projector, which I wouldn't mind replacing my 1080p SXRD projector with.

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guy has more money than sense, all that and you get one couch for people to sit on?

That couch is plenty big for him to watch alone, which is probably what happens after he gets done telling people about his home theater.

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 86
Nice setup!
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #9 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That couch is plenty big for him to watch alone, which is probably what happens after he gets done telling people about his home theater.

Funny! and soooooo true!

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #10 of 86
Redding is like, 5 minutes away.

Does he allow visitors?

Even if I think a cryo-treated circuit breaker is insane, I would love to look and listen to this.

I would also like to know how he gets the multi-channel to work.

"Surround Processing and Decoding:
Theta Digital Generation VIII 32-bit 8x Oversampling Dual Processors (13)"?

Feb 8, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #12 of 86
I listened to those Snells several years ago during a factory tour. Well, two towers and two subs worth anyway. They were as good as I've ever heard, a real treat!

18 of those subs in one room... might cause involuntary bowel movements.

Feb 9, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #13 of 86
I applaud the man. He's following his dreams, and figures "the heck with anyone who doesn't agree with me." Do you see the smile on his face? Does he have some other purpose that he must fulfill in this life beyond his own happiness?

Besides, he's done this for business purposes, and will undoubtedly earn that money back many times over. Plus, I suspect that if $6 million is full retail (i.e., what one of his ultra wealthy customers would be charged for the gear as well as his installation, setup, and room treatment expertise) and he's been in the business for all these years, his actual cost is probably less than half of that. With just one sale to the kind of client that he has in mind, his own system will have been free! Think about it.

I'm now looking into airfare rates to Redding, Connecticut, and trying to figure out who I might know who might know him, so I can give this glorious system and look and listen for myself! It totally exemplifies excess, but for many, that's what this hobby is all about. That's where his buzz comes from; in reaching for new heights. He's not some idiot with more money than sense. He's a wealthy man who has made his money due to his driving passion for the music industry and the high end audio/video hobby. For him to spend millions of dollars on houses and cars would be unnatural; for him to spend his money in this manner makes perfect sense... to him, and to anyone else who shares his passion.

Feb 9, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #14 of 86
Very nice setup, but for 6 million I guarantee I could make a better home theater than that. I have a 7.3 system now and it is all built for under $5000.

I guarantee my system would put most $50,000 systems to shame!!!

Feb 9, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 86
$6 million, wow!

Well, if the Man's got the dough, why the heck not.

Anyone seen that last picture in the article? After seeing that picture, I just kept wondering, did that dude make his own money, or did he marry the money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back