Most portable DAP/Dongle with Streaming and Bluetooth
Jul 3, 2023 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

babarrun

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I am looking to use bluetooth headset adaptors which include the ifi go pod, MoonDrop little white and Fiio with a bluetooth player for working out. Currently trying with limited success using creative dongles with the Flip 4 and the iPhone 14 but with limited success.
I'd like one which has LDAC, APTx, APTxHD and APTx adaptive and can stream using services like Tidal and AppleMusic. I am indifferent do it being a Dongle DAC or a DAP. if a DAP then size and weight are important.
Love to get some suggestions for this.

Jul 3, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 3
'Dongle' is a word we commonly and historically used to refer to 'USB dongle' - which as the name implies, it connect to the source (namely smartphone ) via USB and therefore is not via Bluetooth. What you mean by 'dongle', as I understand, is either Bluetooth adapter or Bluetooth DAC/amp, besides two-ways Bluetooth capable DAP.

Jul 4, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 3
If I understand your post correctly you're looking for the smallest DAP with streaming capabilities, not a dongle. The Shanling M1S was supposed to support Tidal, I'm not sure if they are still working on this feature or if they dismissed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back