Most over rated genre (major boring) Your experience.
Nov 4, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #932 of 967
Exactly, that they use both the guitar laying on the ground with a slide along with echo effect. They are also showing the studio work for parts of DSOTM on synth which was being recorded but not out yet.

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #933 of 967
Exactly, that they use both the guitar laying on the ground with a slide along with echo effect. They are also showing the studio work for parts of DSOTM on synth which was being recorded but not out yet.

The Ummagumma Live album, although the recording quality is meerly fair, also shows what Floyd can do without "wankery". I have to say that the '74 live performance of DSotM that comes with the 2011 remaster of the Dark Side Experience and Immersion editions is outstanding. Also, I've had the fortune to have seen Pink Floyd in '87 and '94. I believe they are one of the best live rock acts ever. In their music and the show itself. I just wish I could have seen The Wall in 1980.

Nov 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #934 of 967
Quote:
Have you heard Pink Floyd in concert or any of their live albums? That technical "wankery" can be and has been done live. Listen to Live at Pompeii and you'll see how some of those effects are done with a guitar.

I attended a concert of The Wall in Long Beach. They were having a problem with the sound system... Every time they played a tape, there was a loud hiss. More than a third of the concert had hiss, and by the time the bricks had obscured the band, the hiss was constant. I think as soon as they couldn't be seen, they were out in the limo on the way to the hotel letting the tape finish the show for them.
But they did have a flying pig and giant puppets.

Nov 4, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #935 of 967
Quote:

Have you heard Pink Floyd in concert or any of their live albums? That technical "wankery" can be and has been done live. Listen to Live at Pompeii and you'll see how some of those effects are done with a guitar.

I attended a concert of The Wall in Long Beach. They were having a problem with the sound system... Every time they played a tape, there was a loud hiss. More than a third of the concert had hiss, and by the time the bricks had obscured the band, the hiss was constant. I think as soon as they couldn't be seen, they were out in the limo on the way to the hotel letting the tape finish the show for them.
But they did have a flying pig and giant puppets.

They were actually burning in all their equipment with pink noise. lol

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #936 of 967

Quote:
Metalcore. As much as I love Metal and like Hardcore, Metalcore is just uninspired crap for me.
The only thing good about it it's that it's fun to play in music games like Rock Band.

I was just gonna read through this thread until I saw this post (as Metalcore is kinda "my main genre" And I can see where you're coming from, it's certainly not for everyone.

To me the most boring genre is 60's -80's rock.
It may be well done, well performed, well sung, etc. etc. but there's just something about the general "signature" if you will in 60's - 80's rock that I can't stand and I just either fall asleep or it gives me a headache.
Honestly, don't ask me why, but that's just my experience.

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #937 of 967

Quote:
I was just gonna read through this thread until I saw this post (as Metalcore is kinda "my main genre" And I can see where you're coming from, it's certainly not for everyone.

To me the most boring genre is 60's -80's rock.
It may be well done, well performed, well sung, etc. etc. but there's just something about the general "signature" if you will in 60's - 80's rock that I can't stand and I just either fall asleep or it gives me a headache.
Honestly, don't ask me why, but that's just my experience.

Problem with metalcore is how it is just breakdowns. I prefer to have guitar solos and riffs.

Nov 5, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #939 of 967
That many people do not get some of my favourite genres makes me feel a bit special.

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #941 of 967
Nov 6, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #942 of 967

Quote:
Rap, I detest it and avoid it like the plague

I would love to be proven wrong though, so give me the best musically awesome rap and let me devour it like a hungry fat dude at a fast food buffet

I'm not sure what you like but try The Roots 

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #944 of 967
To the guys criticizing Metalcore: The criticizms you guys are throwing out do not apply to all of the bands. Tell me whom you've heard and I'd be happy to throw out some pretty damn good bands with solid songwriting.

@The guy asking for us to prove him wrong about rap:

I'm not sure what kind of music you like, but Rap is pretty diverse. Especially if you take into account regional scenes, the underground scene, and of course, the last three decades. The music has evolved, though admitedly, for the worse.

Nov 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #945 of 967
I have actually looked into rap a little, going all the way back to the first rappers, The Last Poets, and I think the absolute last thing I would describe it as is "diverse". It's one of the most homogenous styles of music I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back