Most neutral cans?
May 16, 2007 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

darkangel9685

100+ Head-Fier
What are the most neutral cans that you guys own. What is regarded as the "most neutral" out there now?

By neutral, i mean the cans themselves dont favor bass/mids/highs...they are all balanced and blend with each other.

Right now, i feel my iGrados lean more towards the bass side of music, while the k501's are probably the most "neutral" thing i have, with a slight emphasis on the middle/high end of things, but not much

May 16, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 46
Between my 701, 650 and RS1 I'd have to say the 701 is the most neuteral, with that being said its probably the one that gets listened to the least.

In the mornings and mid day I tend to go with the RS1 but after about 10pm I'm usually listening to the 650s.

May 16, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 46
Sennheiser HD280 Pro. Absolutely nothing is "colored" - there's also no bass.

- lk

May 16, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 46
Fostex T40 (Mk1)

Stax Lambda Signature

May 16, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 46
Why are you asking this while at the same time asking about marriage in the Member's Lounge?

The latter does tend to cancel the former.
tongue.gif

May 16, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are you asking this while at the same time asking about marriage in the Member's Lounge?

tongue.gif

He has to get them now, or he won't ever be able to...

May 16, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #8 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiliman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has to get them now, or he won't ever be able to...

lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

kinda drifted out there...my mind works wierd sometimes

back to the question at hand!!

May 16, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #12 of 46
AKG K701 or Sennheiser HD600 to my ears
Stax Lambda Signatures were too recessed in the lower mids and etched in the highs to be neutral to my ears.
The Grado HP-1's were almost dead neutral to my ears, except they had no extreme top-end [above 9khz] in my opinion.

May 16, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #15 of 46
um..isn't the only way to tell if your cans are truly neutral by being at the actual playing/recording of the original music, then listening to the music through your headphones? to know what neutral is you have to first know what it originally sounded like live...right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back