Most glorious male voice ever?
Jun 9, 2007 at 9:37 AM Post #121 of 138
Chris Cornell - Soundgarden
He's on this list!

Jul 1, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #124 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Treat yourself to Tea for the Tillerman and Teaser and the Firecat, great albums!
600smile.gif

Have to agree - and through headphones sound even better. Have been listening to both on and off for the past few weeks!

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #126 of 138
Glorious is going to mean different things to different people. Josh Groban is
painful for me to listen to, but I respect that others enjoy him very much.
Jeff Buckley is an amazing singer and has the incredible ability to emote, as does my other favorite, Mark Lanegan.

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #127 of 138
I like Jeff Buckley's voice too, and Marvin Gaye's has always been a personal favourite of mine
smily_headphones1.gif
For opera voices, the best I have heard is Jussi Björling, especially his rendition of Nessun Dorma and his Pearl Fishers duet with Robert Merrill. Btw just joined the forum so hello everyone!

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #129 of 138
Like many on this thread, Jeff Buckley is #1 on my list. His range and ability to control that range is just unbelievable. IMO, his voice is leagues beyond that of his father Tim Buckley's.

I must say that Michael Jackson does have a great voice. He may or may not be a little messed up in the head, but by God can he sing.

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #131 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaughn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glorious is going to mean different things to different people. Josh Groban is
painful for me to listen to, but I respect that others enjoy him very much.
Jeff Buckley is an amazing singer and has the incredible ability to emote, as does my other favorite, Mark Lanegan.

Layne Staley of Alice in Chains
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #133 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by katsmiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have to agree - and through headphones sound even better. Have been listening to both on and off for the past few weeks!

Glad you're enjoying the music! You might also enjoy another of his albums titled Mona Bone Jakon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back