Most feared exam?
Dec 10, 2006 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Hermitt

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking at turning 50 in a few scant 6 months or so.... and I believe that this is probably the most feared exam by men. What do you think?
blink.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 34
eek.gif

Yep, that's not one of my favorite thoughts.

But I'm still not a big fan of the "turn and cough" either.

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SAT
its like having a finger up there for four hours

Just wait until you get to take the GRE, GMAT, MCAT or LSAT. That will feel like something much worse, something I can't mention on this family-friendly forum.

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 34
Not fun. But a walk in the park compared to a colonoscopy. Actually, the colonoscopy is fine. It's the preparation that will nearly kill you.

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not fun. But a walk in the park compared to a colonoscopy. Actually, the colonoscopy is fine. It's the preparation that will nearly kill you.

X2....I hated prepping for that. And actually, the colonoscopy is not fine...totally not natural! EXIT ONLY, THANK YOU!!

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2....I hated prepping for that. And actually, the colonoscopy is not fine...totally not natural! EXIT ONLY, THANK YOU!!

Better than finding out you have colon cancer. Mine was a piece of cake. A little Versed/Fentanyl ****tail and all was good. Watched the whole procedure on the monitor from entry to exit.
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better than finding out you have colon cancer. Mine was a piece of cake. A little Versed/Fentanyl ****tail and all was good. Watched the whole procedure on the monitor from entry to exit.
biggrin.gif

You're a bigger man than me, I couldn't watch!

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SAT
its like having a finger up there for four hours

learn to cheat, well actucally what i did i dont know if you can still do it.

1. get 1 of those graphing calculators that you can put programs on, and learn how to use it, this will help with the math

2. put a dictionary program in it, clearly this will help with the vocab, and learn how to use it

3. give the supervisor that day's newspaper, when they open it then it may block their view of the room, depending on how they hold it, if not it will atleast distract them from playing attention to the students.

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wait until you get to take the GRE, GMAT, MCAT or LSAT. That will feel like something much worse, something I can't mention on this family-friendly forum.

I'm taking the USMLE Step 1 in ~1 weeks time. It makes all of the above sound like a walk in the park.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #12 of 34
The Bar exam, specifically the MBE portion. It's designed to mess with you. The CPA exam ain't much fun either, but you can score better than about 70% on it, unlike the Bar.

Medically? I'm on the bone marrow donor registry and got called up as a potential match a few years back. Had to go in for a few blood samples to see if I was a close enough match. Well, the nurse wasn't especially skilled in drawing blood, and I got poked about 8-9 times trying to find a vein. That was really unpleasant. I didn't turn out to be a match, either. Wasn't looking forward to the square needle in the pelvis, but I absolutely will donate if needed.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm taking the USMLE Step 1 in ~1 weeks time. It makes all of the above sound like a walk in the park.

Ouch, That's harsh.

My biggest fear right now is my Ochem Final...

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Bar exam, specifically the MBE portion. It's designed to mess with you. The CPA exam ain't much fun either, but you can score better than about 70% on it, unlike the Bar.

I thought a higher percentage of people passed the Bar than the CPA exam? I found some stats, not sure how accurate they are:

Bar: http://www.adaptibar.com/bar_exam_statistics.asp

If the bar pass rate is over 50%, that's higher than the CPA exam. The statistics generally say 30% or so of people pass the sections they sit for (you can take up to four, need to pass at least two for conditional status-at least that's how it was when I took it in the late 90's or so).

Hopefully I can still hold the more demanding exam over lawyers' heads...since I can't do the same with salary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back