most expensive speakers?
Sep 23, 2004 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fliz

100+ Head-Fier
check these out!

http://www.audiofederation.com/dealership/acapella/

the top ones (the spharon excalibur) are over a quarter million dollars for the pair!

what source and amp would they have?

who's got them and when can i come over
very_evil_smiley.gif

f

Sep 23, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 12
If they actually made their own horns, it would be prohibitively expensive! Think of the value they are offering!

Sep 24, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 12
acapella audio arts actually makes their own horns.

they chose a different expansion rate from avantgarde in order to have a larger sweet spot (less closed in sound... according to them)

f

the coolest thing about their speakers (to me) is the ION tweeter that uses a "massless" diaphram that's actually a pulsating ball of plasma (with infinite speed for awesome HF clarity)

heh. plasma speakers... heh.

Sep 25, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 12
"Without question the best speakers in the world" they say? I don't think any speaker could ever truthfully make that statement outright. So much has to be factored in like; listening room, electronics, type of music, taste in sound, etc...

Sep 25, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

the coolest thing about their speakers (to me) is the ION tweeter that uses a "massless" diaphram that's actually a pulsating ball of plasma (with infinite speed for awesome HF clarity)

pretty cool... i would try it at a show, but i ain't gonna keep that thing in my house. i'm sure they say the byproducts of that tweeter are disposed of or destroyed properly, but i ain't gonna chance my life on some speaker system.

Sep 25, 2004 at 3:42 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fliz
acapella audio arts actually makes their own horns.

heh. plasma speakers... heh.

Just think with a few audio tweaks we may have a weapon
biggrin.gif

Terrorist won't stand a chance against the audio community!

Sep 25, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #11 of 12
Man, I thought they banned plasma tweeters 20 years ago. The things generate ozone like crazy. Of course the ozone gets neutralized as it attacks rubber speaker surrounds. Do they include a vent hose and blower with each speaker?

gerG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back