Most ebarrasing album in your collection?
Oct 9, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #80 of 114
Backstreet Boys. I usually put on a paper bag over my head when I listen to them to hide my identity.

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #81 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Backstreet Boys. I usually put on a paper bag over my head when I listen to them to hide my identity.

That took guts to admit!
blink.gif
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #82 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I found a diary underneath a tree, and started reading about me..."

Actually in the early 70's Bread didn't have the bad rep. it does now. I have "Anthology Of Bread" BTW. David Gates has a really good voice.

While I pride myself on finding good talent way before most of my friends catch on to it, and have a pretty discerning ear today, I still enjoy music from my past that takes me to a very specific place and time. That shouldn't be embarrassing.
I'm not an Elvis fan, but one of the first two albums I ever owned (the other was the Chipmunks, they were Xmas presents) was Elvis "Aloha From Hawaii". There's a song on there called "You Gave Me A Mountain This Time".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw-Aw...lvis%20Presley

It's the absolute cheesiest song you've ever heard. It makes sad country songs seem jolly in comparison, but at the age of 9 it effected me. When ever I here that song today it still has that effect, even though I know rationally what a cheesy song it is.

That Hanson album was a gag gift, but I have to fess up about the buying the other two.

I agree they had some decent tunes, but talk about Oxygen channel material....sheesh!

the tune "Sweet City Woman" by the Stampeders is another that triggers childhood memories

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #83 of 114
"In Sorte Diaboli (Limited Book Edition)" - Dimmu Borgir

Far from my type of music. But some tracks are great to show the dynamic range, speed and attack of a headphone.

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #85 of 114
M2M - Shades of Purple

Usually I listen to them using my headphone/IEM or at home in my room. People laugh at me when they find out I listen to them, saying I'll become soft if I listen too much, I don't think music will change me. I just love how they sounds, the lyrics, and music

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #86 of 114
I believe somewhere in my Vinyl "collection" I have this..

200px-The_runaways,_queens_of_noise.JPG

Oct 12, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #87 of 114
That would have been East 17 with the album Steam, but I got rid of it some time ago.

Oct 12, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #88 of 114
I have some real doozies in the basement, there's one in particular I won't even try to explain, but I'll try to scan and post a pic later when I'm at home.

One of the gawdiest LP's I have is Laura Branigan, yes the disco queen with the worldwide hit 'Gloria' that still causes mass suicide among small laboratory rodents. The only somewhat redeeming aspect (which I recently stumbled on) is that she got her start as a backing chanteuse on one of Leonard Cohen's late 70s tours. (!!!)

Oct 12, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #89 of 114
The Brady Bunch - Greatest Hits
Bill Clinton - The Prez Blows (2 track jazz CD featuring an out-of-tune Bill)
Tina Louise - Here's Tina!!

Laura Branigan? Embarassing?? I just paid big $$ for a first pressing CD of that alvum.

Oct 12, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #90 of 114
RHCP - What Hits!?
Young MC - Stone Cold Rhymin'
Will Smith - Big Willie Style
Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business
Bink 182 - Blink 182

All gifts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back