Most disappointing headphone purchase
May 9, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #272 of 317
Sennheiser HD650, no kidding. They certainly are fantastic for easy listening...which covers my Mike Oldfield collection but taking the price I paid into consideration they don't have the balls for hard rock or action cinema. Can't take a bass drum kick without the drivers crumpling like a paper bag at near-rock concert volume.

May 9, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #273 of 317
Sennheiser PMX100, im not really dissapointed but i should have got the PX100 as a neckband isn't really my thing. Again, don't get me wrong they are really great headphones except the headband :)

May 10, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #277 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[puts_on_flame_suit]Grado RS-1[/flame_suit]

Although I disagree with title "worst headphone ever", I can't think of a headphone that hasn't been named on this thread.
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #278 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkins85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD650, no kidding. They certainly are fantastic for easy listening...which covers my Mike Oldfield collection but taking the price I paid into consideration they don't have the balls for hard rock or action cinema. Can't take a bass drum kick without the drivers crumpling like a paper bag at near-rock concert volume.

What was your source, an iPod Mini with the Bass Booster EQ on?

May 10, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #280 of 317
Some cheap Sony's, only $1, but after a short session I thought my ears would never recover. I have yet to put Sony headphones on my head that I liked, at any price point, even TOTL.

May 11, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #281 of 317
Going by the OP's thread title, "Most Disappointing Headphone Purchase", my choice was the RS-1 due to price point and sound quality. That is why it is disappointing to me. I don't think it is the "worst" headphone.

It is good, just not what I expected from a $699.00 headphone.

May 11, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #282 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I disagree with title "worst headphone ever", I can't think of a headphone that hasn't been named on this thread.
biggrin.gif

search "ms2" "ms2i" = zero = 0 = null

May 11, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #283 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This.

I can push them up to gag-inducing bass quantity if I like.

(which I don't of course
biggrin.gif
)

May 12, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #284 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't stick my Senns in a hole smaller than 6.3mm, that's where the CX300: my most non-disappointing purchase, come in. The 650s have been with a number of integrated amps and a dedicated amp but they just can't handle the load. They are by no means bad headphones but they just cop out at volume on the low end for my heavy tastes. For instance, they cannot replicate the rumble of Batman's Tumbler. I have to turn the volume down specifically for that getaway sequence in Batman Begins before it becomes a crackling mess and then at that point, the action fails to engage. At the time of purchase I probably thought "reference" quality was going to give me everything I'd need...

I'm not into iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back