Most disappointing headphone purchase
Aug 5, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #91 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Sony MDR-CD3000. Wanna talk no bass? The first and only can I ever used EQ on to get acceptable sound. Even bought a damn graphic equalizer on eBay to try and give that can CPR. No did do. Oh, and the blobby 3-blob headstage, and the odd echo bouncing off the inside of the cups. All around blech.

Amazing how different ears hear differently. I thought the CD3K's bass was quite nice. But this is from someone who didn't think them overly bright, as did so many. Agreed that the sound/headstage could be a bit off.

For me, the ATH-ES7 has been the most disppointing.

Aug 5, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #94 of 317
Altec Lansing IM616 - BORING. NO Lows, Lows were stolen away. Could not get accustomed to the highs after having heard Sony MDR EX90. Extremely Uncomfortable with either flanges or foampads. Bad, bad cord microphonics.
On the contrary: EX90, Kramer moded e2c, ksc 75

Aug 5, 2006 at 12:21 PM Post #96 of 317
Sennheiser HD590: I was expecting a lot...

Aug 5, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #97 of 317
KSC-75
eek.gif
he didnt just say that!
Lol, i liked the sound, its just that the clip dissapeared after a week, making it *almost* as bad as not havin 1

Aug 5, 2006 at 12:51 PM Post #98 of 317
Sennheiser 435. I liked the sound at first, but then I received the KSC75.

Aug 7, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #100 of 317
For me, the ATH-CM7 was probably the biggest disappointment. When I first got them, I really wasn't into the sound and expected something rather different given the comments. The lower treble seems to be recessed while the mids are pronounced and it seemed to have some sort of gap in the bass region as well. I really tried to like them, as they're so pretty, but the balance on them seriously stunk to me. Oh well, at least I made use of the rubber earpads for another pair of earphone and the extension cable *shrug*.

Aug 7, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #101 of 317
Shure E2c
I do not even know why I even bothered buying them.
Not very terrible sounding but totaly overpriced for what you get.
Sold them after playing around with them for half the price.

Aug 7, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #102 of 317
akg k26p.

need to agree with previous posters. these were very uncomfortable which were its ultimate downfall. decent isolation but sound quality was definitely overhyped.

Aug 7, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #103 of 317
bose triports, no question. I wish I had a camera with me to show you the awesome build quality of these things.

Aug 7, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #104 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Really? That is a surprise, now I'm tempted to re-purchase my SHP-895...

Well, eh...the SHP-895 are nutty cans with some crazy detail in sound.

The bass is somewhat lacking, this is true, but the bass quality is very, very good. My PA2V2 helps too in this department...

I've got a SVS PB12-Plus/2 subwoofer to compare with, inroom bass traps, pretty flat FR and house curve applied, so I'm pretty aware how good bass should sound.

The 895's are pretty decent in my (and others) opinion. It just takes time, a very long time that is, to adapt to their sound signature.

Aug 7, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #105 of 317
I gotta' say, the HP-1 Joseph Grado with ultra wide cable (writing on it)
Man,
these cans suck -if anyone has these sell them to me, so you are not disappointed anymore, save yourself the hassle, I will take them off your hands,
oh bother.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back