Most common VHS tape in thrift stores: Jerry Maguire
Feb 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
I was listening to a thing on NPR and there was mention that Jerry Maguire was the most common VHS tape in thrift stores and it's also mentioned too on the internet. So I went to the Goodwill yesterday and I was amazed that there were 6 copies of Jerry Maguire on VHS! Wow. I also read that Titanic is also a common VHS tape in thrift stores too. But I am amazed at the Jerry Maguire VHS thing. I haven't seen the movie but I'll have to check it out but probably on DVD rental. But I may pick up a VHS copy though since it could be a relic of vintage pop culture in the next generation.

Check Out These Jerry Maguires! | Found Footage Festival

Feb 14, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 16
thanks-for-the-info.jpg

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 16
Jerry Maquire is a pretty decent movie. Its worth two hours of your life to see.

Feb 15, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 16
Carnac.jpg

"What's something trivial that no one cares about?"

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 16
i have never seen a copy of that movie on any format in a thrift store

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have never seen a copy of that movie on any format in a thrift store

Check again, you may see a copy. If not, you should see a copy of Titanic which I assume is probably number 2 in the VHS thrift store occurances. Possibly number 1 in certain parts of the country.

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #10 of 16
This is also interesting: At Amazon.com, since there is such a huge surplus of used Jerry Maguire VHS copies, they can be purchased for just 1 cent. And as of now, there are over 600 copies available. There's even even a lot of new copies too. This has got to be the easiest VHS tape to find of all time.

Amazon.com: Jerry Maguire [VHS]: Tom Cruise, Cuba Gooding Jr., Renée Zellweger, Kelly Preston, Jerry O'Connell, Jay Mohr, Bonnie Hunt, Regina King, Jonathan Lipnicki, Todd Louiso, Mark Pellington, Jeremy Suarez, Jared Jussim, Benjamin Kimball Smi

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check again, you may see a copy. If not, you should see a copy of Titanic which I assume is probably number 2 in the VHS thrift store occurances. Possibly number 1 in certain parts of the country.

i've seen titanic... a few copies of which were missing one of the tapes

i don't go into the thrift stores around here much anymore... they have a tendency to price things stupidly especially goodwill

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

This is also interesting: At Amazon.com, since there is such a huge surplus of used Jerry Maguire VHS copies, they can be purchased for just 1 cent. And as of now, there are over 600 copies available. There's even even a lot of new copies too. This has got to be the easiest VHS tape to find of all time.

Amazon.com: Jerry Maguire [VHS]: Tom Cruise, Cuba Gooding Jr., Renée Zellweger, Kelly Preston, Jerry O'Connell, Jay Mohr, Bonnie Hunt, Regina King, Jonathan Lipnicki, Todd Louiso, Mark Pellington, Jeremy Suarez, Jared Jussim, Benjamin Kimball Smi

And if you buy 2500 copies it would qualify for Free Shipping!!

Feb 16, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

I can agree with this. Every time I walk into the Goodwill store up here, pawnshops or used book stores, there are always copies of Jerry Maguire for sale. Nearly half the time you go to a garage sale, you can expect to find Jerry Maguire among the movies for sale. Hell, when we moved into the place my Dad bought back in '01, we were digging through odds and ends left behind in the garage and came across a copy on VHS. 2 weeks later, a friend offloaded some old VHSs on us and guess what happened to be in there? I definitely have seen my fair share of copies of that movie, but I must say, it continues to remain on the few movies that I will not walk away from if I'm bored and it shows up on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back