Most comfortable IEM's for dad?
Dec 25, 2006 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DickxLaurent

New Head-Fier
I think comfort will be a major issue and a deciding factor in whether or not he enjoys using them. I'd have him try my im616's, but I want whatever I get for him to be a surprise. Are there any certain models that are known for being generally more comfortable? I'm looking for something entry level, like im616, ER6i, E2c, etc.

Thanks.

Dec 25, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 13
First off, it all depends on the tip used...

Anyway, I believe most first time users of IEM's will have some level of "break-in" discomfort. In time he should find them to be quite comfortable if he gets a proper tips. The size of his ear canal will ultimately determine which tip to use. If his ear canals are on the large side, for example, I wouldn't recommend the tri-flanged tips because they will go too far into his ear. This doesn't mean the Etymotics which come stock with tri-flanged tips can't accept some other tip that he may find adequate, however.

Good luck.

Dec 25, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron-xp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My personal favourite in terms of comfort is the UM1 with comply tips.

X2

Dec 25, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #10 of 13
It can be bought from other shops or online stores.

I believe earphonesolutions.com has stock. (Oops, it doesn't really cost much less, USD109.)

There are probably better prices though, I'm not really sure.

Dec 26, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #13 of 13
I had decided on the im616, because I spent so much time deciding on them for myself, and I like mine. But I am kinda worried about him thinking they feel too intrusive, so I'm changing my mind and going with the EP-630. It's also helpful that they are much less expensive, in case he ends up just not caring for the in-ear variety at all. He probably won't use them often anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back