Most Comfortable Headphones
Jul 18, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #46 of 65
Meze Liric, Empyrean and Elite are the most comfortable ones imo.

This was a sick 6 year necro though

Jul 18, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #47 of 65
Honestly, maybe the Monoprice Retro with Brainwavz velour pads. Total featherweights, giant roomy earcups, and the velour keeps things from getting too hot.

Shame they don't sound as good as they feel, lol

Sep 13, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #49 of 65
Meze Liric, Empyrean and Elite are the most comfortable ones imo.

This was a sick 6 year necro though
I'm gonna second that. Meze really built incredibly comfortable headphones.

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #50 of 65
Hello everyone :)
I am a bit of a comfort freak. I've tried numerous headphones and I am yet to find one that I can confidently say is completely comfortable.
Cans I currently own and use:
Q701, AD900x, Fostex t50rp mk3 w/hm5 pads, DT880, HD598, SHP9500, Shure SR440. Out of these, the top 3 for comfort would be the dt880, ad900x(only after 3 hrs or so does it cause issues, Q701(sometimes v comfy, other times cant stand it, no idea how that works).

I am acquiring a Sony MDR1R from a friend soon and the B&O H6 in a couple weeks. I am hoping these will be comfortable and I can use them as my portables!

I do wear glasses so that definitely affects it. However, it still surprises me every time someone says in a review "I dont even notice these are on". I am yet to ever experience that or even close.

In your experience, rank the most comfortable headphones you've tried/owned?
I find all my Focal's very comfortable. Same with Sennheiser's, after the initial clamp period.
And my new Ambrosia's are very light and comfortable, although very economical looking.

On the flip side, my CFA Cascades and HiFiman HE6se V2's both needed Dekoni Nuggets to battle extreme pain.

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #52 of 65
Sep 14, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #53 of 65
Nobody has said the long since discontinued Sennheiser HD590 with the teardrop cups.

41P67GSXH5L._AC_[1].jpg

By far the most comfortable headphone I have worn, and I also own the HD800.

I am using a custom headband which adds to the weight but even tho they were discontinued in like 2003 you can STILL order all the replacement parts from Sennheiser.

Sep 14, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #54 of 65
My Philips Fidelio X2HR are very comfortable headphones. Recently also acquired the Sony MDR-MV1 and those are also quite comfortable (but the edge goes to the X2HR, as they have bigger earcups and I have big ears).

Sep 14, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #55 of 65
I find the ZMF Caldera to be highly comfortable. ZMF headphones have a durable band that is designed to be adjusted to tweak the clamp force to your liking. Their earcups are top quality as well -- very soft and luxurious.

IMG_8941.jpg

Sep 22, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #56 of 65
I find the ZMF Caldera to be highly comfortable. ZMF headphones have a durable band that is designed to be adjusted to tweak the clamp force to your liking. Their earcups are top quality as well -- very soft and luxurious.

IMG_8941.jpg
Only thing with ZMFs to keep in mind is that by nature of being wooden, the weight varies per-can and is just in general high to begin with, so while I agree that my Koa Atriums and Kingwood Calderas both distributed their weight well over the leather strap, they were definitely never "forget I'm wearing headphones" comfortable in the way that, say, Hifiman Arya or HE1000 were. I also had times where the cups would slide down my head and I'd have to readjust - I was never quite able to get the yokes to the correct heights. I would put ZMFs that I've tried (those two plus Auteur in an unknown wood) as a whole in the "good but not best" category (whereas, for example, I'd put most Audeze headphones in the lower tiers - 4z might actually be F tier for comfort).

Sep 22, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #57 of 65
Nobody has said the long since discontinued Sennheiser HD590 with the teardrop cups.

I am using a custom headband which adds to the weight but even tho they were discontinued in like 2003 you can STILL order all the replacement parts from Sennheiser.

These look comfy as hell, how'd they compare FR wise to the other 500 and 600 series Senns?

Out of the headphones I own my K702 is definitely the comfiest. I can sometimes feel the clamp force around my jaw especially if I'm dealing with jaw tension, but it never hurts/gets uncomfortable, it's just.. there, if that makes sense. Disappears on my head otherwise.

Sep 23, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #58 of 65
Sep 23, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #59 of 65
EDIT: Double post

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #60 of 65

So true. I fell asleep so many times wearing mine. Until that one final time when they fell off my head while I was asleep and I stepped on them once I woke up.

More recently, I'd have to say the DCA Aeon are the most comfy I have, closely followed by the Fidelio X2 (damn those X2 earpads are epic. just wish you could buy genuine replacements)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back