Most Comfortable Headphones?
Nov 23, 2001 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Il Mostro

1000+ Head-Fier
I am planning on buying a pair of headphones for a family member (Christmas present) and would appreciate any advice regarding which ones are most comfortable, which is of prime consideration in this case. They should also be easy to drive with a PCDP and, of course, sound good. So what's light, comfortable and easy to drive? Budget is flexible. Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2001 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 22
Sony MDR-F1... though not the best sound quality, they are supposedly the most comfortable headphone out there... and can be driven portably. Stay away from Grados too...

Or maybe the Sony MDR-V6 with Beyer pads... that would have better quality and still be driven out of a portable... otherwise, the Sony MDR-CD3000, which is big but comfy but expensive.

You can see that all of my suggestions are Sony, heh... other headphone manufacturers' headphones need more power to be driven. The Etymotic could also be considered but that is a canalphone, very comfortable to some and well, not for others.

Nov 24, 2001 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 22
ppl say that the koss kcs-35's are very good for portable use. They aren't too expensive, and supposably have great sound quality for it's price. I also heard ppl saying that even though they are clip ons. they are quite comfortable.

Nov 24, 2001 at 1:04 AM Post #9 of 22
I so want to try the F1s on, don't care how they sound, just want to feel em on my ears.

Most comfortable headphone I have ever worn is the HD590, a good bit more comfy then the already comfortable HD600.

Nov 24, 2001 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
ppl say that the koss kcs-35's are very good for portable use. They aren't too expensive, and supposably have great sound quality for it's price. I also heard ppl saying that even though they are clip ons. they are quite comfortable.

I have them but would not call them the very comfortable. Guess it depends on what kinds of ears you have.

Nov 24, 2001 at 3:34 AM Post #12 of 22
I agree with KR and redshifter.

sony mdr cd-1700

If you would consider an amp then the AGK 501s are very comfy. (but nothing like the 1700s)
Funny thing is I consider my Grado 225s very comfy too.
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2001 at 3:59 AM Post #15 of 22
The KSC 35 is the comfiest headphone I've ever had... and I've played around with the Sony 1700!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back