Most comfortable headphones - POLL added
Mar 3, 2004 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

saint.panda

Headphoneus Supremus
(aight, forgot to add the poll the first time. sorry)

The Poll:

I made this poll so I don't have to read through all the comfort related threads
biggrin.gif
and because I like polls so much

Please only vote if you have at least tried TWO of the given headphones. And please consider comfort only. Otherwise, the Bose wouldn't have made it into the list
rolleyes.gif
- just kiddin

For this poll I only considered headphones for <300$ because IMO others like Stax, SennHD650, Grados from rs-2 onwards, high end Audio Technicas,.... are simply too expensive for most wallets including mine
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: no need to list all the contenders

I personally am especially intersted in the comparison MDR F1 and CD780, so anybody who have had experience with both: PLEASE VOTE:

In order to make this list, I actually had to read through all the comfort-related threads
plainface.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 45
I think that the akg k271 studio's are extremely comfortable as long as it isnt too hot out...
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 45
sorry for the problem with double-threading
smily_headphones1.gif

my vote goes to the MDR F1 and the CD780. just can't decide which one is better
confused.gif

so i might get myself the headphones that wins this poll...

Mar 3, 2004 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by philodox
I think that the akg k271 studio's are extremely comfortable as long as it isnt too hot out...
biggrin.gif

I knew I missed something
rolleyes.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Gergor
I own 5 of the headphones listed in the poll, IMO, F1 is the most comfortable, none of the rest is even close.

just read your profile. too bad you don't own the Sony MDR CD780 as well. Would have been interesting to know which one you preferred more.

Mar 3, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Taurui
What other headphones do you own, Gergor?

They're listed in my profile:

F1, eggo, 880, HD580, A900

To me, F1 is the most comfortable; eggo is kindya too smallish, HD580's grip is too strong, A900 is a little hot, 880 is quite comfortable, but not being angled, it doesn't fit as well.

Mar 3, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by saint.panda
just read your profile. too bad you don't own the Sony MDR CD780 as well. Would have been interesting to know which one you preferred more.

Sorry, couldn't help you there.
frown.gif
I've never even seen a CD780.

Mar 3, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 45
I voted for the Sony MDR-F1 (no question there... effortlessly comfortable) and also Grado (shock, horror!)

I'm still using the memory foam pads that I was given a few months back, and they make the Grados virtually unnoticable in use
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #11 of 45
dt880 is the most comfy for me!

but then again, i didnt notice any stock grados on that poll.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 3, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #14 of 45
I like the Eggos. Except when I don't. But they are rather comfortable even right out of the box. The Bose QC2 I found a bit heavy and clunky.

Mar 3, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
I'm still using the memory foam pads that I was given a few months back, and they make the Grados virtually unnoticable in use
smily_headphones1.gif

Interesting idea, maybe I'd cut out from my old pillow to make some headphone pads.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back