Most bizarre album of you've heard? [any genre]
Feb 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #31 of 51
Quote:
After checking out that album, my headphones have a migraine, and my amp isn't speaking to me anymore. Thanks for that.
But that part is funny.
biggrin.gif

LOOL!!! :D

Its a whole challenge isnt it? :)

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #32 of 51
7wj2klgl.jpg

L'amourder (aka Sielun Veljet) ‎– Softwood Music - Under Slow Pillars

Album from a Finish band that I someway got in my possession in the early 90's.

It's really bizarre but I kind of like it
normal_smile .gif

May 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #33 of 51
Probably been mentioned, but... 

Igorrr's album Nostril is kind of.. er.. well... completely indescribable. Just listen. 

May 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #34 of 51
Any Venetian Snares album except Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett.  Any and all Nero's Day at Disneyland albums.  Probably most Throbbing Gristle albums.  Most people would consider Skinny Puppy on a thread like this too.  All of Coil's albums.  Necro Facility...I think we can just stick all old (and in rare cases, new), true industrial music in here. :p (not the repetitive electro industrial crap we get today.  You know, the kind with the chugging, static 4-on-the-floor beats, chirpy synths that have no depth, and 1 dimensional hyper distorted whispery vocals.  Yeah.  Not that.  [/ENDRANT])

May 31, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #35 of 51
61OYY5DXn1L.jpg

Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica

A difficult album to listen to, never really wanted to give much of a second listen but truly bizarre.

May 31, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #36 of 51
Quote:
61OYY5DXn1L.jpg

Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica

A difficult album to listen to, never really wanted to give much of a second listen but truly bizarre.

This is the kind of thing I'm always hesitant to tell other people I like...but I really really do.  It reminds me of how I felt when listening to the weirder more noise influenced Skinny Puppy songs, it just sort of makes sense to me, even though to most people, it's disgusting, and "not music".  It's not as powerful and majestic and sweeping as something like Scrapyard or Knowhere?, but it's still quite good.

May 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #37 of 51
Suspended Animation by Fantomas is kinda weird.

Avant Hard by Add N to X as well.

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #38 of 51
I know that someone else mentioned Throbbing Gristle already, but I'll mention this little masterpiece:

Should I add that there are no Jazz Funk Greats on the album, LOL!

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #39 of 51
One, more:

PIL - Metal Box. came in a metal tin when released in the UK, four 12" singles, later released in lp format called Second Edition.
The music is wild reggae/dub influenced art-music with Lydon's vocals singing what appears to be free verse in a very monotone but obnoxious voice.
Complete punk freak out. Had the pleasure of seeing the band play this live, back in the day. Quite the treat.

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #40 of 51
Nero's Day at Disneyland: From Rotting Fantasylands. A masterpiece of chaos and noise. Some of the best music I've ever heard.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #42 of 51
Great thread! Thank you for introducing me to Killing Joke and Yggdrasil. Not surprised to hear so many Finnish bands; here's one more: Eläkeläiset's (Pensioners) cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit. The music style is traditional Finnish folk music. Kinda like Finnish Hayseed Dixie.

Japanese Torture... leads the pack in bizareness, though - sounds like they should be on a Miike movie soundtrack.

My favorite bizarre artist is The Young Gods. Heard their Skinflowers on a movie soundtrack, loved it, bought the album. Was like What is this crap. It started growing on me, and they are now one of my all-time favorites. They have some mainstream songs, some bizarre ones, and pure art. This is a representative example of the midde ground:

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #43 of 51
Played this on on the radio back in the day, on college radio of course, oh and lyrics are NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #44 of 51

For Bizarre I absolutely adore The Knifes album Shaking the Habitual.

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #45 of 51
Let's get serious here, and go into the truly Bizarre.
I'm talking Laibach.
They had quite a few albums, but none as bizarre as their take on two rock icons,

The Beatles Let It Be

and this nugget by the Stones:

and a track not on the above albums but worth playing (really don't take these guys seriously!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back