More tubes! Yeeeeee-HAW!
Nov 8, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #16 of 34
Does that mean he's still working/ tweaking the added extra tubes & caps? Or is there a delay with the faceplate guy?

Edit: Sorry, don't mean to pry. It's that I know my own McAlister custom job won't be ready for awhile and yours is just so close!

Nov 8, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
That's life I suppose.
wink.gif

Indeed it is and I would also suppose that the wait will be worth it.

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Pusher
Does that mean he's still working/ tweaking the added extra tubes & caps? Or is there a delay with the faceplate guy?

That faceplate guy needs a smack, he is holding up my amp!
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #20 of 34
Thanks... he was supposed to call yesterday, and didn't. I'm going to try him again this morning.

Nov 9, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #21 of 34
Philodox, PLEASE POST PICS OF THIS TUBE MONSTROSITY!!
biggrin.gif

And congratulations on finally getting this amp (well, getting it hopefully tonight). I know you've spent quite a lot of time and money searching for the best combination, and glad to hear that you finally got it. You gotta post some impressions about it after you've had a good listen!

Aditya

Nov 10, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
It couldn't be anything as silly as having a life.
tongue.gif

Don't even JOKE about that!

Nov 10, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

It couldn't be anything as silly as having a life.

Its funny, but that is what it was... I had tons of things to do today and didn't get in until later on. Unfortunately the amp did not arrive today, but it will be delivered to me tomorrow. The last time we talked, I told Peter to just mount the stuff on the chassis directly if there were any more faceplate problems... but it will be a big hassle to add it at a later date and I respect his decision. After all the work he has put into this amp I am sure it will be amazing. The anticipation is absolutely killing me though.
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #28 of 34
Jay will this thing fit into your rack? Or is it too wide? I discovered something at the Austin meet (in the audio shop that hosted us) that I feel I can improve on, and am itchin' to make a prototype.

Did that sound cryptic and secretive? Good that's what I wanted.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Get out your Shirley Temple decoder rings boys and girls.
cool.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #29 of 34
Kev - Yeah, I've got a camera and will definately take some pics tonight.
cool.gif
Quote:

Jay will this thing fit into your rack? Or is it too wide? I discovered something at the Austin meet (in the audio shop that hosted us) that I feel I can improve on, and am itchin' to make a prototype.

Oh man, that sounds interesting.

I doubt it is going to fit 'in' my rack. Was planning on putting it on top... maybe trying to get a stone slab or something to rest it on later.
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Kev - Yeah, I've got a camera and will definitely take some pics tonight.
cool.gif
Oh man, that sounds interesting.

I doubt it is going to fit 'in' my rack. Was planning on putting it on top... maybe trying to get a stone slab or something to rest it on later.
wink.gif

You're falling into my trap perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back