more on the Sennheiser PX100
Feb 6, 2003 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tigger

500+ Head-Fier
Well, I got these today mainly for use with my portable Grundig radio and i have to say they sound very good to me. It probably is a matter of taste but I definately prefer them to Koss Porta Pro. They are way more comfortable, have a soundstage and a more balanced sound. I had to take the koss phones off after half an hour due to listener fatigue.
I have HD 600s and the radio drives them, but not too well. I have Audio Technica AD500's and AKG K501's on the way too, so when they all arrive we'll have ourselves an interesting little review.
In the meantime, The Sennheiser PX100 is a great, well designed and packaged product which sounds good on modest sources, which is after all what it was designed for.

Feb 6, 2003 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 7
Great to read this.
I ordered mine today to go with my PCDP and mp3 player. I like the mx500 a lot but wanted more comfort, sound like I'm gonna get it
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2003 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 7
I agree with your assessment of the PX100s. The only real problem I have with them is that the treble is somewhat rolled off. But I think that they are smoother and more balanced sounding than the Koss KSC/Porta line, with better transparency, soundstage, and mid-range. I also like the fact that when you're not listening to them they hang comfortably around your neck, which the Portas don't do.

On the other hand, the KSC 50s are pretty nice too, cost less, and do better with the upper frequencies.

Feb 6, 2003 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 7
I finally found a place where I can order the Koss KSC 35s and they will cost me €63,-!
eek.gif

That is a lot. The PortaPros are even more expensive. They'll cost me €81,-
eek.gif

I think I made the right decision with the px100 for €39,-
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Koss is ridiculously overpriced in Europe.

Common prices : Ksc-50: 55€; porta pro : 90€.

Grado too btw.

SR60: 120€, SR80 : 190€

1€=1.078$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back