More Music Like Metric?
Dec 13, 2009 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Fud

100+ Head-Fier
Metric, the band fronted by Emily Haines, not the measurement system :p
Female vocals, heavy synth, more like "Live It Out" than "Fantasies". I tend to prefer female vocals, but if a male fronted group has a similar feel to Metric, I'd be willing to give them a try too.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 15
metric_EmilyHaines.jpg

Yeah, Metric is awesome. I have all their music.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 15
I actually stumbled upon The Sounds awhile back, i'll have another go at it to see if I like it enough to grab an album of theirs. The suggestions in the Sounds thread are veering slightly off course from a "Live It Out" type sound, a softer more rock/indie feel, but still worth a try.

BSS is more your stereotypical indie rock, not something I was really ever into. Kinda bland IMHO, I've always wondered why they have such a huge following.

I've been listening to the tracks that aren't my favourites on "Live It Out" lately, "Empty" and "Hand$hake" are stuck in my head today. Still don't beat "Poster of a Girl", "The Police and the Private", "Patriarch on a Vespa", and "Monster Hospital"
smily_headphones1.gif
. Of course, the order of my favourite tracks does change depending on my mood.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #6 of 15
I've got nuthin', but did you try Last.FM? You can skip the first couple -- people will always assume that another project with Emily Haines will sound like Metric, but personally, I like Metric, but don't 'get' at all Broken Social Scene, I just don't see it. I don't care if she was in both bands. So start with Tegan and Sara and work your way down.

I kind of hear the Feist thing.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 15
Was into Feist long before I ever discovered Metric, get to see her when she comes to town for the olympics
smily_headphones1.gif

That Last.fm list is practically my playlist :p Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Rilo Kiley, Haines' solo work, and Dragonette are all stuff I already enjoy.

More stuff like Rilo Kiley would be great too.

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try these:

What program is that? Looks interesting.

Also, you should note that Feist has actually collaborated with BSS several times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back