More like Eric Clapton ...
Jan 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cegras

100+ Head-Fier
Sort of getting more his albums, I was absolutely enchanted by his 'Unplugged' album. Where can I get more of this wonderful indulgence?

Jan 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 10
I will second the "One More Car, One More Rider". I was lucky enough to get a freeview of that concert on my DirectTV a few years ago and it is amazing. They add so much to the original Derek and the Dominos recordings in this, and it is a great example of what live music should be. The dvd is awesome to watch the keyboardist mimic a sax with some kind of mouthpiece and all.

If you are into old-school blues, his "Me and Mr. Johnson" is a set of covers of Robert Johnson. "Riding with the King" is his album with B.B. King that is great, and pick up the original Derek & the Dominos record too, as that is another great one.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 10
I'd check out Richard Thompson as well as Dire Straits' early stuff. i personally find Mark Knopfler to be a superior guitarist in the similar Brit-blues vein.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 10
Well, there's...

Steve Miller
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Jeff Healey
Ry Cooder
Jeff Beck
Robert Cray

to name a few.

Jan 25, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #7 of 10
Check out The Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton album (the beano album). His tone was revolutionary and his playing was phenomenal. It probably won't sound much like his unplugged album, but it's some of Clapton's best work in my opinion.

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 10
These are my 3 favorites:
Derek & The Dominios - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs SACD Hybrid
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard SACD Hybrid
Eric Clapton - Slowhand SACD Hybrid
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 25, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 10
I will give them all a try, and thanks for your recommendations : )

I like how the recording was made, it's a very good source. Sings through my headphones.

Jan 25, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #10 of 10
Since you liked Clapton's "Unplugged," take a look at these

Dion: Bronx in Blue, and Son of Skip James
Buddy Guy: Blues Singer
Buddy Guy & Junior Wells: Alone and Acoustic

Mooch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back