More Fiio X3 64GB MicroSD Issues!
Jun 25, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #167 of 181
Well that is strange, something about that card the X3 just does not like...

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #168 of 181

how many sub folder in there? the current firmware only support 256 sub folder and the new firmware will fix this bugs, anyway, the more sub folder , the slowly X3 will be. so we suggest you can separate to several folders.

Just out of curiosity, this sub-folder issue had been fixed in the Firmware3? B/c I just bought a new sandisk 128 gb microsd and having hard time get my X3 read it properly. Nevertheless the card is full music, only like 28 gb of them is appearing in the X3...

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #169 of 181

Just out of curiosity, this sub-folder issue had been fixed in the Firmware3? B/c I just bought a new sandisk 128 gb microsd and having hard time get my X3 read it properly. Nevertheless the card is full music, only like 28 gb of them is appearing in the X3...

Does everything show up in a card reader on the PC?
It does sound like a fake...
Test here

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #170 of 181
Well, on my PC it is the same. I mean after 20 gb it slows down extremely (the copying process) and at the end the folders are there but the music is missing if I open the folders, except the first two - three folders. Same if I put the card in my X3.

I got my card in a genuine sandisk wrap, the card looks authentic, too...I'm stuck. Any idea anyone?

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #171 of 181
  Well, on my PC it is the same. I mean after 20 gb it slows down extremely (the copying process) and at the end the folders are there but the music is missing if I open the folders, except the first two - three folders. Same if I put the card in my X3.

I got my card in a genuine sandisk wrap, the card looks authentic, too...I'm stuck. Any idea anyone?

Have you tested it with the link I provided?
It's a long process, but it will tell you if the card is genuine or fake...
The fact that the PC won't read it suggests that it's either a fake or defective.

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #172 of 181
Yes, I have actually started to read this thread like 2 hours ago and bumped into your post offering this test on the first page. It is running for an hour now. We shall see. Is it foolproof though? I mean this test.

Have you tested it with the link I provided?
It's a long process, but it will tell you if the card is genuine or fake...

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #173 of 181
  Yes, I have actually started to read this thread like 2 hours ago and bumped into your post offering this test on the first page. It is running for an hour now. We shall see. Is it foolproof though? I mean this test.

I provided the link to the test in my reply to you post #169 Test here - there was no need for you to search for anything.
Is it foolproof - more info here

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #174 of 181
wow, I have let it run all nite long and it verified only 42000 mb of the card and still running. it has just slowed down...

I provided the link to the test in my reply to you post #169 Test here - there was no need for you to search for anything.
Is it foolproof - more info here

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #175 of 181
What about ADATA anyone using a 64Gb by them, they are cheap.

If not what is the best card to get for 64GB Is kingston any good?

Im using a 32GB Lexar right now

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #177 of 181
I just concluded my Ebay merry-go-round with micro sd cards. First the $13.99 no name 128gb, then a retail package Samsung 128gb $59 and finally a retail packaged Sandisk 128gb $58. In all cases they were virtually the same with all writing around 7gb and failing the rest. Folders would be there but no content. Speed also extremely slow. But all 3 were absolutely fakes though very well done in what loiks like legit packaging.

Jan 27, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #178 of 181
Feb 19, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #179 of 181
Just to add my two cents to the mix. When I initially got the FiiO X3 I also purchased a Sandisk 64GB Ultra card (SDSDQU-064G). I had many random drops, crashes, mini-freezes etc from the get-go... a short while back (about a month ago) the card had to be RMAd and I bought a Samsung 64GB Evo (MB-MP64DA/AM) to use in the meantime and I haven't had one issue since.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #180 of 181
Really hoping someone can help me here, as I'm definitely not as tech savvy as some on this board.

My X3 had been working fine. I decided to update the firmware from 3.0 to 3.3 but didn't like the changes to the Now Playing screen having to do with song/track names not being displayed according to my tags. Went back to firmware 3.0 and everything has been fine for months. The entire time I've been using a SanDisk 64gb micro SDXC card, again no issues.

Then all of the sudden I couldn't write to the card. The X3 would play the files but I couldn't do anything to add/delete. When using a card reader I kept getting an error message saying it needed to be formatted. Tried that with no success. Each time I could not format the card. Had an IT guy at my work take a look and he said the card is now in RAW instead of FAT32. Can't do anything with it and now the card is useless.

Bought a new card, same kind. Dropped some files onto the card using the card reader and put it in the X3, but when I power up the X3 I get a "File System Not Supported" error. I've tried to download the new firmware but can't even get the firmware to update because of the "File System Not Supported" error. When browsing for files it says there is no music, when updating the database it says no music, but if I plug the card into my card reader the music is there and I can play it via MediaMonkey.

What is going on here? I'm extremely frustrated and I've gone from a Fiio supporter to someone who might not ever buy a Fiio product again if I can't get this player to work.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back