More drivers do sound better?
Mar 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #31 of 60
^ I was referring to your preceding four posts; take your pick. I'm not interested in your latest one. If you have no interest in your own credibility here, then who on earth will?

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #32 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I was referring to your preceding four posts; take your pick.

This makes no sense.

Quote:

I'm not interested in your latest one.

This would ideally be signaled by ignoring it.

Quote:

If you have no interest in your own credibility here, then who on earth will?

You seem to be referring to my previous post, in which you say you have no interest. I think your credibility may be at stake.

I would prefer for this thread to remain readable for people scanning it for information and opinions on the issue of multiple driver IEM's--its subject--so I'll give you the last word. It's the ultimate gift for the man who has nothing.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #33 of 60
^ Why doesn't the first sentence that you have quoted not make sense to you? With regard to the second sentence that you quoted, I simply wanted to make this apparent to you. As far as the third sentence goes, you're quite right, I'm not interested in your most recent post but that doesn't preclude me from passing comment on it.

Be that as it may, I'd like to return to my earlier post where I queried the basis of the views that you expressed in your original post, and defended in the following three. I'm interested in finding out if your views are based on your own comparisons of balanced armature and dynamic driver earphones, or not.

I think that this thread is intelligible to others who wish to peruse it, and I'm afraid that the last word on the subject isn't yours alone. Isn't death the ultimate gift for the man who has nothing, but let's not quibble.

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #34 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: Yes, I have in fact heard and owned balanced armature, triple armature, and dynamic driver earphones! Amazing!

Good for you. Which ones?

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #35 of 60
I just got in the Monster Miles Davis tributes, and for a single dynamic driver they're doing things I haven't heard in an IEM yet with their combination of detail and resolution while still being amazingly cohesive across the entire frequency range. Take the deep bass extension and feel of the FX500's, and pair that with the detail of the W3's, but lose the sibilance, and throw in a dash of dynamic driver smoothness, and you have the sound I'm hearing with these. Now that's amazing.

I guess this means I fall into the camp that one driver doesn't have to be inferior (although I can't compare these to any of the gazillion driver BA customs which keep cropping up).

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #37 of 60
iponderous-
They're the closest I've yet heard. They're very very nice, and they aren't even burned in.

Too bad they look so gawd-awful, replete with *blue* cables, gold trim, and red and blue bands to mark L & R. There is no shortage of acid trip color combinations....

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #39 of 60
@iponderous, 'the one' might exist, only if there are no more new IEMs come out
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #41 of 60
Just curious, But has anyone come across multiple element dynamic head/earphones. I have only seen three, one I own (Koss KDE/250), one is currently not on the market (Skullcandy Stax), and the third I have only seen online (Phiatom PS 200 I believe?) I think that Dynamic drivers perform well on their own, and have not heard a single element BA driver do the same. A multi element dynamic would seem to be most impressive.

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #42 of 60
Not me, I think one good dynamic driver sounds better and more natural then how ever many armature drivers you can slap into an IEM.

Apr 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #44 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenswall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, But has anyone come across multiple element dynamic head/earphones. I have only seen three, one I own (Koss KDE/250), one is currently not on the market (Skullcandy Stax), and the third I have only seen online (Phiatom PS 200 I believe?) I think that Dynamic drivers perform well on their own, and have not heard a single element BA driver do the same. A multi element dynamic would seem to be most impressive.

There are quite a few so called 5.1 or 7.1 headphone in the market, but I do believe none sounds great. Phiatom PS200 is actually BA based. My Panasonic RP-HT970 and VMSS Hybird are both dual drivers based, but one of the driver is for low-end vibration feedback instead of sound wave. My Panasonics RP-HV600 is dual diaphragm design dynamic (one for bass and one for treble). Its predecessor, the RP-HV80 and RP-HV100 are real dual drivers earbud.

There is one in-ear currently in the market that is dual dynamic, the Radius HP-TWF11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back