More color, superb sound: Three new in-ear headphones from beyerdynamic - DTX 71 iE, DTX 101 iE and MMX 101 iE
Feb 7, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #31 of 56

Quote:
Quote:
I guess this make the AKG the only major brand that doesn't have an IEM line. 

And beyerdynamic already has an IEM line, that looks almost exactly like these. Maybe at some point they'll chime in and respond to the post asking them how these are better.

I hope they're not exactly the same but the specs of the dtx101ie are the same as the dtx100 and the dtx71ie has the same specs as the dtx80. The dtx71ie housing looks like a new one. Actually skip that, it's exactly the same as the 80. I do like beyerdynamic iem's so i'd be rather more excited if there was one with a MSRP of $199 rather than rebadged earphones in a cheaper package, it remains to be seen.

Oh, and to answer an earlier question, existing beyer's iem's don't hiss much from my DAP's.

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #33 of 56
Quote:
bdusa, please tell us how the DTX 101 iE differs from the current DTX 100 model, other than coming with colored housings and being about 20% cheaper. For that matter, is it comparable to the current DTX 80? Thank you.

The current DTX 100 is followed by DTX 101 iE (refined light metal housing), and the current DTX 80 is followed by DTX 71 iE (massive aluminum housing - don´t worry about the model no. 71 instead of the expected 81...). Mechanics and acoustics are the same like with the former models, they now come with colored housings. The packaging of the new models is much simpler, and these are cheaper indeed.

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #34 of 56
Quote:
Curious to see if the cord end will plug cleanly into a hard-case enclosed iphone. A quick browse of the Beyer website came up with nada.

Here is an image of the mini jack plug:

The diameter of the black rubber part above the gold-plated contacts is 5.8 mm. So you can check if this fits into your hard-case (normally it fits all hard-cases...).

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #35 of 56

Quote:
Quote:
bdusa, please tell us how the DTX 101 iE differs from the current DTX 100 model, other than coming with colored housings and being about 20% cheaper. For that matter, is it comparable to the current DTX 80? Thank you.

The current DTX 100 is followed by DTX 101 iE (refined light metal housing), and the current DTX 80 is followed by DTX 71 iE (massive aluminum housing - don´t worry about the model no. 71 instead of the expected 81...). Mechanics and acoustics are the same like with the former models, they now come with colored housings. The packaging of the new models is much simpler, and these are cheaper indeed.

Thanks for the input. At $90 an earphone that sounds the same as the dtx100 sounds good to me although I still question the need to follow sennheiser with the colours.  While the old packaging was very nice it was rather over the top for an earphone in it's price bracket I agree. Is there a release date yet?

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #36 of 56
That is a bit of a bummer. Same mechanics and acoustics, just repackaged and some cosmetic changes.

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #37 of 56
Feb 20, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #38 of 56

Quote:
That is a bit of a bummer. Same mechanics and acoustics, just repackaged and some cosmetic changes.

Well, it is cheaper too.

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #39 of 56

Quote:
Do you trust him? As i can see from his review the SQ = price but this is not true.

I definitely trust him.

His reviews are pretty spot on.

If you own multiple sets of the headphones he's reviewed, go ahead and see if you agree with him.

I guess you could question some 8s and 9s here and there, but overall, I think he's pretty good at doing these reviews.

Otherwise I wouldn't have known (cared) about Phonaks and missed out on a great pair of IEMs.

Mar 11, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #42 of 56

Quote:
Well, it is cheaper too.

True, but if you already own the DTX-100 (like me) there is no reason to buy a DTX-101. I don't care much for colour or packaging.

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #44 of 56
Ive got a set of DTX80's and I find theres a little too much base. Want to upgrade to the 101ie seeing as theyre not too expensive but the reviews seem limited. Are they exactly the same as the dtx100 sound wise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back