More Coffee Talk
Jan 30, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #16 of 28
At home brewed in a coffee press and free of pollutants (sugar, milk, mocha etc.) When I'm out and about it depends on my mood and the quality of the coffee. I drink anything from ultra sweetened to black.

As for beans, I'm drinking Starbucks stuff right now (draining off a gift card from christmas). Christmas Blend, Sumatra, Verona. In general I like full bodied complex coffees.

While we're on the topic, anyone have a favorite coffee at World Market or at Trader Joes? I'm shopping at both tommorrow and thought I'd pick up some beans.

Jan 30, 2006 at 11:21 AM Post #17 of 28
Regular coffee at Starbucks since they are the closest coffee cafe near my office. Take my regular size coffee with two packets of sugar and a little cream, I would compensate a little more cream and sugar for the larger sizes but won't drown my coffee in it. Use to have a Lion's coffee cafe near my office where they served freshly ground and brewed 100% Kona coffee but they have since relocated and is no longer within walking distance of my office. Won't touch the Macky D's crap unless I really have to. Macky D's down here looks like they don't wash their coffee pots when they make their brew resulting in an oil sheen appearance when you look down on a cup of their coffee.

Jan 30, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #18 of 28
black or white, and with half a teaspoon of sugar.

Jan 30, 2006 at 3:23 PM Post #19 of 28
I take very short espresso ristretto. It costs about U$ 0.50 cents a shot. Brazilian cuz import blends are too expensive and hard to find here.

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #21 of 28
I usually drink some kind of Sumatra or French Roast, whatever I can find in the fancy section at Kroger. I drink it black now that I'm on the South Beach diet (and its working great, thank you).

If you want some cool coffee lingo, I worked in a prison in Ohio for a couple years. If I made coffee, of course the inmates tried to hit me up for some, which I sometimes gave them. If they asked for "John Wayne", that meant black. Asking for some "Cadillac" was coffee with cream and sugar. I always thought that was kind of cool.

Jan 30, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #22 of 28
A few miles from my house (heading towards the blue ridge mountains) is A little roasting shop. On the counter top there is always a selection of most of the coffee they supply, nice and hot and ready to drink, you just put your dollar in the tin and pour yourself A cup, some of the best coffee I have ever tasted.

Jan 31, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #25 of 28
Iced coffee every morning -- even in the dead of winter -- from the bakery downstairs, with a generous amount of half & half (but no sugar).

Jeez, I sure hope my internist isn't a secret Head-Fi lurker. Between the daily half & half and the triple-cream Délice de Bourgogne cheese I just posted about, I'd be in BIG trouble.
600smile.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 12:30 PM Post #27 of 28
I like my coffee like I like my women...

...ground up and in the freezer.

Alternatively, black as the midnight sun and stronger than Chuck Norris will do nicely, thanks.

Jan 31, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #28 of 28
I bought one of those Melita pod coffee makers just before Christmas. I've been using that a lot. I use some Costa Rica Peaberry pods in it.
For the regular coffee maker we have been using either Gevalia or Raven's Brew coffee. I can't remember which varieties. We have a burr grinder and have bought coffee whole bean, but don't do much of that anymore.

For on the go coffee we have a Burger King/Shell station in town that has the best coffee I have ever had.

I never add anything to my coffee.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back