More 80's music like this?
Mar 6, 2010 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Where can i find more music like this:
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

was watching nip/tuck tv show and came across this track....sounds perfect for an evening at home or driving long distance or maybe on a late night fight.

could u guys recommend more 80's music with this kind of feel?

they dont make music like this anymore!

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 35
You really owe it to yourself to buy the first two albums by The Cars, if you don't have them, The Cars and Candy-O. They are absolutely fantastic, from start to finish.

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #7 of 35
@OP Maybe you'll like something like this:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mar 9, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #11 of 35
Spandau Ballet? Yeah, I'm all in on that one!!! Whooot!
icon10.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #12 of 35
This song specifically or music made by The Cars generally? "Drive" is pretty much a mid-80s adult contemporary piece with some New Wave influence. That's probably where you should be looking if that's the specific sound you're looking for, but probably try to stick with bands that were into mixed productions (like The Cars were) rather than dedicated AC acts as it may get too 'soft' for you if 'Drive' is your benchmark.

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #14 of 35
Not to forget classics like these:

Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is

Heart - Alone

Funny thing is, while I've known the Cars track from the radio for a very long time, only listening to it out of context here made me realize how good it actually is. The video is spot on, too (no more and no less).
And that was top 10 material at the time. Better days for the charts for sure... (I mean, is there anything in last year's top 25 tracks in the US that you'd still want to listen to in 25 years from now? I think that mashup would do just fine...)

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #15 of 35
Ironically, "Drive" wasn't sung by the Cars' lead singer, Ric Ocasek. Instead, the song was sung by the band's bassist, the late Benjamin Orr. After the success of "Drive", Orr released an album called "The Lace", and scored a Top 10 single titled "Stay The Night"....

I don't know whether "The Lace" is out-of-print or not, but you can look for the CD....

3826829523_cfb2857b66.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back